DISH to deliver Olympics in 4K HDR

I just noticed that you're in Alaska and maybe the 4K channels aren't available for you there. You should probably call DISH and ask them if you're supposed to be getting them.
Yeah, that would be a bummer and a real step backwards, as I was getting 4k "Planet Earth" and the 4k college football games on ch. 540 last year.

Edited to add that I did call Dish but they weren't able to help and referred it to engineering. But Dish removed our HD locals a few weeks ago without telling any of the CSR's a thing about it, and that was a wasted round robin of calls for sure.

Reactions: JSheridan
I am in Illinois North America. Both my 4K Joeys and both my WJs do not have channel 147-05 & 540 in the guide. To confirm, does anyone with 4K Joeys have channel 147-05 & 540 in the guide? DISH CSR told me today that the 4K Joeys should be showing those channels and they could not get them to work. She tried hits, reboots, went in and looked at my Hooper 3 settings, etc. So she has set up a DISH technician to come visit me. I am just wondering if anybody else with 4K Joeys have both channels in the guide.

Reactions: dweber
I am in Illinois North America. Both my 4K Joeys and both my WJs do not have channel 147-05 & 540 in the guide. To confirm, does anyone with 4K Joeys have channel 147-05 & 540 in the guide? DISH CSR told me today that the 4K Joeys should be showing those channels and they could not get them to work. She tried hits, reboots, went in and looked at my Hooper 3 settings, etc. So she has set up a DISH technician to come visit me. I am just wondering if anybody else with 4K Joeys have both channels in the guide.
JSheridan and HipKat, can yall verify that the 4K Joey channels 147-05 & 540 are not showing in the guide? If not, has your DISH reps said what's going on if you are allowed to pass on to us? Thanks

JSheridan and HipKat, can yall verify that the 4K Joey channels 147-05 & 540 are not showing in the guide? If not, has your DISH reps said what's going on if you are allowed to pass on to us? Thanks

I don't have a 4K Joey here but everything I've seen from numerous sources says the channels are only showing on the Hopper 3. There's been no word from DISH to us on this.

Reactions: dweber and HipKat
I don't have a 4K Joey here but everything I've seen from numerous sources says the channels are only showing on the Hopper 3. There's been no word from DISH to us on this.
OK, thanks JSheridan. A couple of us were told by CSR that the channels should be there and after extensive troubleshooting we were told the 4K Joey was defective. One SatGuys member DISH as sent him a replacement 4K Joey. For me a DISH technician is scheduled. Time will tell what's going on. Thanks again.

OK, thanks JSheridan. A couple of us were told by CSR that the channels should be there and after extensive troubleshooting we were told the 4K Joey was defective. One SatGuys member DISH as sent him a replacement 4K Joey. For me a DISH technician is scheduled. Time will tell what's going on. Thanks again.

I've read all those posts and just shook my head.

I have not heard of anyone who IS getting these channels on a 4K Joey so my guess is that because it's 4KHDR it might be currently incompatible with the 4K Joey. Again, just my guess. :)

I've read all those posts and just shook my head.

I have not heard of anyone who IS getting these channels on a 4K Joey so my guess is that because it's 4KHDR it might be currently incompatible with the 4K Joey. Again, just my guess. :)
Yep, I think your are correct. You would think the 4K Joey would at least still pass the 4K thru. One of my Hopper 3s is not connected to a 4K HDR TV, but both channels still show up in the guide. When I select them I get the Format not supported pop up window 1540.

FWIW last night they broadcast some ice skating on 147-05, and the picture was everything I expected. it did appear that the producers were still getting used to the equipment, though. At least initially there were too many long distance shots, showing the entire rink with the skaters looking very small in the middle. also frequent panning shots where another massive camera crane dominated the skaters on screen. both of these happened less frequently over time. And no commercials!

Has anyone checked to see if a 4k Joey can play Hopper3 recordings from channel 540 in 4k? (Or 1080, I'm at work now and my 4k Joey is connected to a 1080 TV.)
That is a big NO. The 4K HDR recordings that are in my Hopper 3 do not show in both my 4K Joey DVR Recordings.

FWIW last night they broadcast some ice skating on 147-05, and the picture was everything I expected. it did appear that the producers were still getting used to the equipment, though. At least initially there were too many long distance shots, showing the entire rink with the skaters looking very small in the middle. also frequent panning shots where another massive camera crane dominated the skaters on screen. both of these happened less frequently over time. And no commercials!
We started watching the opening ceremony last night in 1080. Being old and tired after a week of work, we went to bed early. Then finished watching it in 4K HDR this afternoon. No comparison. Also an unexpected bonus, different commentators. Mary Carillo is a lot less annoying than Katie Couric!

I watched 4K ppv fine previously via my hopper 3 on my Optoma UHD 60 4K projector. Passes 4K hdr through my Xbox One x and Marantz sr5010 4K hdr receiver just FINE with Netflix and YouTube apps. Dish reports error 1540 format not supported on the screen. Anyone else seeing this glitch?

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts