Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Tomorrow Dish Network will launch the Earth Watch on Channel 212 (will air from 110 and 77 Satellite locations)

Effective Wednesday, April 22, 2009 by 5 pm EDT, the Earth Watch channel 212 will launch, This channel will be available to all customers.

This channel chronicles the earth's movements from space.

Watch spectacular live views of our planet as seen from Echostar's satellite-based camera at 22,000 miles up above the Earth. Any obstructions seen are due to sun glare.

This is the only channel being broadcast LIVE from outer space 24/7! :)

I guess that throws Cspan-3 out the window. I don't really care for Cspan-3 but I know a few of you were hoping that it would be on 212...

Doubt it is HD, but it is interesting. Wonder if there is a soundtrack, and if so what?

Tomorrow Dish Network will launch the Earth Watch on Channel 212 (will air from 110 and 77 Satellite locations)

Effective Wednesday, April 22, 2009 by 5 pm EDT, the Earth Watch channel 212 will launch, This channel will be available to all customers.

This channel chronicles the earth's movements from space.

Watch spectacular live views of our planet as seen from Echostar's satellite-based camera at 22,000 miles up above the Earth. Any obstructions seen are due to sun glare.

This is the only channel being broadcast LIVE from outer space 24/7! :)
That seems pretty cool.

When I read the title I assumed it would be one of those sky is falling channels about the environment.

The channel has been up there and broadcasting for a few years now. But tomorrow is Earth Day, and I dont think anyone else has a better Earth Day channel then letting you watch the Earth live.