Dish to Launch DISH Earth Channel

Being the unselfish person that I am, I will take the first meteor watch Wed. But, this has to be a "team" effort. I'm not taking the sole burden of saving the Earth all by myself. If you spot an asteroid, meteorite, or a potential alien invasion, please call Scott G. . Regardless of the hour.

Earth Watch what kind of name is that for a channel? You think Dish Network would try and trademark a channel name like "Dish Earth" or something. And I dont see how you will be able to see the earth at night with suns reflection and all. Theres going to be a glare for hors at a time.

Actually, I don't know if they still use it; but one of the network affiliates out of Philly uses "Earthwatch" as the name for their weather forecasts. Hopefully they took the right channels to get the name secured or we might be in for yet another e* lawsuit!

that said, I think it would be more useful for missile watch than meteor watch - the camera is pointed toward earth, not away from it...

$5 to the first person that spots an alien spaceship orbiting Earth.
Actually they have seen one... or at least something...

Check this out and its not a hoax.

On August 19, 2008, from 15:03 GMT to 15:14 GMT, the camera captured a large unidentified object as it sped between the camera and the Earth. Government officials have speculated that it could be space debris but its identification is unknown at this time. (They disabled embeding for this video, so click on the words on top of the player to be taken to YouTube to see the video)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iDCi_-jOSY"]YouTube - Give The World: View of UFO? (Captured: 08/19/08)[/ame]

Actually they have seen one... or at least something...

Check this out and its not a hoax.

On August 19, 2008, from 15:03 GMT to 15:14 GMT, the camera captured a large unidentified object as it sped between the camera and the Earth. Government officials have speculated that it could be space debris but its identification is unknown at this time. (They disabled embeding for this video, so click on the words on top of the player to be taken to YouTube to see the video)

YouTube - Give The World: View of UFO? (Captured: 08/19/08)

Identification unknown? Right. They can read your license plate from outer space and "see" into your home with infrared, but they can't identify an object right in front of the camera. We need to get Art Bell on this one pronto.