Dish to PC? Simple problem? Needs a simple solution.

RedKat

Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
Ohio Valley
I'm relatively sure that someone will yell at me for posting a question that has already been answered, however, I did look and none of the answers seemed to fit my dilemma.

My daughter has a desktop PC in her room as well as a TV with the satellite hooked up to it. She has a small bedroom and I thought it would streamline her room if she could just watch TV from her PC.

I bought a $50 USB device that was supposed to work like a TV tuner in her PC but we attached the coaxial cable to it and the software doesn't see the satellite signal.

So is there a simple solution to get the satellite signal to her PC?

Much thanks!
Kathleen

It sounds like just the coax enters the room from a TV2 output on a DUO receiver. Just make sure the USB tuner is a hybrid capable of tuning ATSC and NTSC signals. The TV2 signal is NTSC/Analog.

Not knowing the receiver model;

With a single room receiver, you would need to use the TV out coaxial connection on the back of the receiver and then tune the PC to channel 3 or 4 analog.

Two room receivers would also work, but require a channel number on the PC tuner that matches the RF out frequency for the second room coaxial connection.
21-69 analog (NTSC) is available.

Last edited:
the only way that this is going to work is to tune the PC to whatever channel the satellite receiver is set to output on.

you can not go directly to the satellite dish. but must go through the satellite receiver.

you will have to tune the 'watched' channel via the satellite receiver.

More info

I'm relatively sure that someone will yell at me for posting a question that has already been answered, however, I did look and none of the answers seemed to fit my dilemma.

My daughter has a desktop PC in her room as well as a TV with the satellite hooked up to it. She has a small bedroom and I thought it would streamline her room if she could just watch TV from her PC.

I bought a $50 USB device that was supposed to work like a TV tuner in her PC but we attached the coaxial cable to it and the software doesn't see the satellite signal.

So is there a simple solution to get the satellite signal to her PC?

Much thanks!
Kathleen

What sat unit, what type pc card, & where are you trying to pic up the signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)