Dish to use all of NIMIQ 5!

Some of the local markets have locals on two satellites. They could easily convert everybody over to the EA that has locals on WA to free up space for bringing some of the unserved markets once everything goes 8PSK. They could offer the markets in MPEG-4 only to gain even more space.

The problem with "converting everybody over to the EA that has locals on WA" is that is a lot of sending techs out to replace dishes. Also, many of the cities that have locals on both (such as Atlanta) are on there because of the difficulty of the terrain. GA is well known for very very tall pine trees that can make it almost impossible to get angles. By having locals on both 129 and 61.5 Dish has made it possible to get a LOS for almost everyone in this market (which is obviously not a small market).

The difference is that E* has never had the channels that are in negotiations whereas D* had VS and took it away because of the contract negotiations...

OK is honestly all we could ask. I'm not sure which ones are "technical" but I wouldn't think ESPNUHD would be one as this isn't ESPN's first dance in HD...

Im sure most are technical atm. I read somewhere on here that the 61.5 bird isnt doing to well and is limited on space whereas the 129 bird probably still has space left over. If they cant mirror the channel to both birds i dont think they will make the channel live but this new bird will supposively push the old bird out to 61.5 to help out in this HD demanding country.

Retailer Chat this Wednesday (9/23) and a Charlie Chat coming on next month (10/12)... perhaps one of them will bring the good news.

I didnt think Charlie worked Columbus Day (or maybe he's a dual citizen and celebrating Thanksgiving that day) so there may not be a chat ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts