Dish told me I have to switch to Satellite 77 - Which transponder?

In general when you rearrange your dish antennas, you need to do a Check Switch/Save and then the receiver will know where everything is. It already has the channel/transponder mapping in RAM. That is what shows up on Satelliteguys in the Uplink Report, which is really a Downlink (or Channel Map) Report.

I don't know if you are going to do the converted dish 500 re-aimed to 61.5/72.7 or the 1000.4 dish-eastern arc. Either way you said your receiver already already has 61.5 programmed in. If you don't use a meter then in your receiver go to menu 6-1-1 and adjust your outside dish according to the signal strength shown for 61.5 ( Don't do a check switch yet ). Once you get 61.5 in decent then 72.7 should automatically be close. You can then do a check switch to see if and what signal strength you have for 72.7. After that you can twittle dish for best compromise on signal for both. This way ensures that you will always have an active signal bar for 61.5 until you get everything adjusted in. Also if you are using your dish receiver for the signal meter it helps if you take a small tv and your receiver outside by the dish to do adjustments. For me all the transponders were giving me usable signal levels.

I tried this past weekend but could not get a signal for the 72 satellite. I will arrange having a technician come to my house to take care of this for me. I will post what they end up doing to my system. Thanks, Bert

I called the person that installed my system, now unfortunately retired, and he told me that I need a larger dish. Bert

I had a contractor upgrade my system. I now have a 1000.4 dish with three LNB's. One LNB each for satellites 61.5, 72.7, & 77. Currently, only 61.5 & 72.7 are being used. This dish has a double coaxial cable leading to my house since I have two receivers. My dual receiver has triplexer on the line feeding it. I only use one TV w/this receiver. I was not receiving the free Starz channels before but I am now.
Previously, I had two 500 dishes with a total of three coaxial cables leading to a switch box. None of this old equipment is used anymore. The contractor took the switch box but was not interested in the two 500 dishes. I'll take them down and put them on CraigsList for free. I'll make bird baths if I can not find somene that will take them.
It is snowing today and the 1000.4 has more snow on it than the 500 does.

Thanks for the responses, Bert

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts