DISH TV or DISH Network?

And that is why satellite is slipping.
My brother in law lives in the poorest county in his state and lives on a dirt road with few homes

The fiber optic line is coming down his road next year.

It's like grains of sand slowly slipping away.

That’s progress and it’s sad but ok with me. There will never be a shortage of new TV tech to play with

Thought the Hopper Lite was suppose to be the 722 concerted. The Wally is the Wally.

I thought the 211 series had a dual output version. I guess s I’m wrong on that one. The only vip receiver I have experience with is from the 722 family as that’s what my grandparents had ~3 years ago when they had dish. Everything else about the legacy receivers I learned on here.

Yeah but that “digital highway “has become a toll road with all the yearly price increases and the ever increasing DISH fees. :rolleyes:
Dish went down hill when they got rid of the superstations, this kinda was the beginning of the tv war! Dish was awesome when it first started you could choose like 5 channels you wanted and so on via la-cart service was awesome but since they lost the superstations seems they turned focus from quality too money making. I am kinda tired of seeing them constantly in battles with like CBS sports network and stuff. I had been a subscriber for almost 20 years but no more. Loved the first 10 years! heh

And that is why satellite is slipping.
My brother in law lives in the poorest county in his state and lives on a dirt road with few homes

The fiber optic line is coming down his road next year.

It's like grains of sand slowly slipping away.

Exactly, I got ATT fiber installed a few weeks ago.

But I still have Comcast internet, Comcast Tv, Comcast home security, Directv and wow internet.

Dish just ain’t allowed in my house any more after what they did to me.

Okay. I recently reactivated a ViP222k because of a rumor in another thread that they are about to be discontinued. Now that we have a firm cut-off date for the ViP612, I guess I can reactivate it some time before that date. ViP211k's are still not on the chopping block yet, correct?

I don’t get why they are getting rid of all the VIP stuff and making everyone go to that Kangaroo stuff.

Does the Kangaroo stuff Handel compression any better then the VIP series?

I understand MPEG2, but anything 8psk MPEG4 should be good for another 10 years

I thought the 211 series had a dual output version. I guess s I’m wrong on that one. The only vip receiver I have experience with is from the 722 family as that’s what my grandparents had ~3 years ago when they had dish. Everything else about the legacy receivers I learned on here.
VIP 222

Reactions: pattykay
I don’t get why they are getting rid of all the VIP stuff and making everyone go to that Kangaroo stuff.

Streamline a single software. The VIP equipment would roll over and die.

Reactions: littlecloud319

I think it's preparation for going with HEVC eventually.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)