DISH Unveils Hopper Voice Remote, New User Interface to Streamline Customer Experience

I'm usually good at breaking stuff because I'm a fiddler. I once blew up a Web App at work because I wondered what would happen if I put in too many characters in the name field. There was no field check or buffer overflow check and it caused the App back-end to crash. Do I get thanked for uncovering a possible security flaw? Nope...

They don't with the H2, so I doubt it will for the H3. But we won't likely know until we get our hands on them.

Would love to try the new remote when the H3 rolls out... But if i don't like it or the kids can't use it as well as the remotes now... I'm guessing it's easy to switch back to the old remotes???

Thanks in advance

It will be interesting to see if the folders can be nested. I can see some call in sub folders.

I doubt that I will like the Carbon UI if it reduces the time I can see in the EPG.

And as soon as it's out, I'm sure people will impatient for whatever's next.
The H3 will have the latest fastest chip in any DVR, and it has been suggested that current Joeys in homes will be changed-out with the latest gen Joeys in an H3 install. So, the issues the poster complained about (sluggishness, etc.), I would think NOT to be a problem with carbon UI on the far more powerful chipped H3. I do hope trans-coding will be faster, as well. I would think it would. Also, more memory on the H3.

Reactions: Tampa8
Yes same remote. This is the remote that will ship with the H3 and possibly (not 100% sure) with the 4K Joey.
i have hopper3s in my inventory. and they are shipping with the 52.0 remote as of right now. the 50.0 will be later. the 52 is pretty cool but no touch and no voice. so far i have been using it for 2 days on the new ui. and it is a vast improvement over the 40.0

i have hopper3s in my inventory. and they are shipping with the 52.0 remote as of right now. the 50.0 will be later. the 52 is pretty cool but no touch and no voice. so far i have been using it for 2 days on the new ui. and it is a vast improvement over the 40.0

This is good information. It's disappointing that the Hopper 3 and 4K Joey are launching without the Hopper Voice Remote. In a January 2015 press release, DISH says that the "Hopper Voice will ship with all Hoppers and 4K Joeys, while the Hopper Standard will be included with other Joeys." And even in their press release this month, DISH says, "[The Hopper 3] features a sleek, modern UI/UX and is navigated using the Hopper Voice Remote." DISH all along has made it seem like the Hopper Voice Remote is shipping with these receivers, but I'll admit that only hardcore fans like us probably know that.

So what's the story? The Hopper 3 and 4K Joey will be bundled with the Hopper Standard Remote until end of Q1, at which point they'll be bundled with the Hopper Voice Remote? That'd be kind of...inelegant and haphazard, as March is only a couple of months away. Or is the plan now to sell the Hopper Voice Remote separately? In that case, which receivers are compatible? When will it be available and what is the price?

Lots of questions.... Ha ha . all that is known is the 50.0 will come later. Cost is unknown at this point to me. I would guess, it would cost you to get one. Just a guess though. They could start shipping with them when they release them. All I know is so far, the hopper3, Joey 2, and Wally all are shipping with the 52.0. Haven't seen the 4k Joey yet to tell you on that one. But I will update as I find out

Reactions: jazzfan
Just wondering how many hopper3s do you have in inventory?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)