DISH Unveils Hopper Voice Remote, New User Interface to Streamline Customer Experience

Does anyone know if the Voice Remote is compatible with the H2K and HWS models, and also if it requires the Hopper to be connected to the internet in order to work?

Carbon is in beta still but will be the UI when H3 is released. The beta version I have and the version the release version on the H3 we downloaded yesterday look similar but are def different. The new equipment will have carbon and HWS will roll well after launch of H3 in batches to existing equipment. No date has been announced. Carbon on my system has slowed down the hopper a good deal and crippled my joeys but once again it's still a beta version and the symptoms I'm experiencing are known issues and are promised to be addressed in updates.
Im not sure about the 50.0 remote voice functions working with previous gens of the hopper.

Please be careful when talking about beta products as you are an active employee, as doing so may get you terminated under you terms of employment. I don't want to see anyone lose their job over something like this.

Reactions: bluegras
I too have heard unlimited folders
do please be careful what you are talking about carbon ui there are dish higher ups who do check this forum and i do not want for you to lose your job we all appreciate it very much.

It will be interesting to see if the folders can be nested. I can see some call in sub folders.

I doubt that I will like the Carbon UI if it reduces the time I can see in the EPG.

And as soon as it's out, I'm sure people will impatient for whatever's next.

Thanks for the info on the unlimited folders.

If a customer has an EHD, do you think the unlimited folders would also extend to the external storage, or just the internal Hopper HD?

"Unlimited" folders? If the Hopper file system is like most other FS, a folder is just another file on the storage media and takes up storage space. If each folder takes up 1 KB of disk space, a 2 TB drive could hold 2 billion folders (and nothing else, like programs!) which would also tie in with the 32-bit signed integer maximum value.

In reality, you probably won't have more than 100 folders for programs and family members.

I'd sure settle for 100 folders. LOL

I wish I was a beta tester -- I'd be happy to test the "unlimited folders" feature. But I'd probably just record little snippets of different things just to use for the test. LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)