Dish ViP 222????

Actually Dish still catching up home environment - more and more ppl have at least two HD TVs and they want HD on BOTH. Potentially the platform starting from DP962 [Vip622] could handle 2 independend HD TVs but they need redesign the board partially - for second HDMI 1.3 output.

put it this way - what other provider has a two-room box period. it's not like the competition has two independent HD outputs.

How HOT would DP962 driving two HD outputs be? :D

They called me again to try and get me to take one of these things. I asked where they were calling from and they said the CEO's office (I guess I've sent enough emails that I am hacked off at their HDNET issue that is why I was offered into to Beta on this).

I told them again that I had been waiting since August for HDNET and HDNET Movies to go back to full resolution and bitrate - as it could be done with the retail channels going to the Conus Transponder space that has been freed up from DNS of LA and Atlanta going spotbeam (and Chicago, NY and Denver could be done as well to free up more). Quite frankly, they had no idea what I was talking about - and stated they had no input to the technical side of things - so ceo@dishnetwork.com is worthless for technical issues it seems as the people apparently aren't that educated on the technical side of things. They just kept telling me they had to drop DNS because of the court ruling (duh, I know) but didn't undertand Conus vs Spotbeam or re-allocating the transponders around.

Regardless, I told them no thanks on the 222 as I was about to drop them for cable if HDNET isn't finally fixed.

I think the great trial offer on the 222 is marketing speak for "Let's get people to turn in as many mpeg 2 Hi-Def boxes as possible before we have to sweeten the offer".

Did you get the offer? Do you currently have a non mpeg4 hi -def box?

I think the great trial offer on the 222 is marketing speak for "Let's get people to turn in as many mpeg 2 Hi-Def boxes as possible before we have to sweeten the offer".

Did you get the offer? Do you currently have a non mpeg4 hi -def box?

Yes I got the offer and yes I have non-mpeg4 and mpeg4 boxes...which was one reason I decided against it.

However, another person had both and only had to change out his ViP211.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)