Dish VIP 922 and Harmony One Problem

Brucegrr

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 13, 2005
Ney, Ohio
I am having a problem with the Harmony One Remote and the VIP 922 DVR. 90% of the time the remote works flawlessly. 10% of the time it doesn't work at all. I mean dead. The remote shows the signal being sent but the 922 does nothing. If I pick up the remote that came with the 922 it works just fine.

The Harmony One remote works with everything else. The problem I am having is specific to the 922.

Suggestions?

Is your TV an LCD? I know this seems strange - but the LCD TV will flood the room with IR while it is warming up. The Harmony will not work. With my system, I would fiddle with it for 10 or 15 minutes - then it would work (until the next time i turned the TV on.) The solution was to mask the sensor on the front of the 922 with something. This only started happening with my Harmony 1100 when I got the 922.

Yes, I have a 42 inch Vizio LCD TV and I usually sit in front of it, about 6-8 feet away. I will try masking the IR and see if it makes a difference.

make sure to aim the remote at bottom right corner of the 922 thats where the IR sensor is and it is small and not very sensitive I have found out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)