Dish vip622 / close D* receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sobonefnet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 29, 2005
PA
Does D* offer a receiver with all the features of the Dish vip622? (like OTA tuner) ??? I am trying to decide on a switch from E* to D*. But, I have always heard E* equipments is superior to D*

Does D* offer a receiver with all the features of the Dish vip622? (like OTA tuner) ??? I am trying to decide on a switch from E* to D*. But, I have always heard E* equipments is superior to D*

HR20-700!
Best receiver ever!
E* ViP622 is little more user friendly, but the HR20 has potential and its a great receiver.
Usually the HR20 has few more clicks than the ViP622.

no D* dosen't have a clone of the 622/722. Directv is a different corporation with different design goals, if you want a 622 stay with DISH. If you can leave DISH behind you can switch to D* products and enjoy their receivers and programming.

HR20-700!
Best receiver ever!
E* ViP622 is little more user friendly, but the HR20 has potential and its a great receiver.
Usually the HR20 has few more clicks than the ViP622.

Can you use the component and the HDMI outputs and the same time? Does it allow dual TV indepentant viewing? I am thinking of switching also but I have 4 HD Tvs and 2 sd tvs.

Technically, with Dish and Echostar split, if DirecTV desired (of course) they could approach Echostar about making them a 722 clone... but don't hold your breath :)

Can you use the component and the HDMI outputs and the same time? Does it allow dual TV indepentant viewing? I am thinking of switching also but I have 4 HD Tvs and 2 sd tvs.

I miss my 622 :( I haven't tried HDMI and component at the same time since my tv's are far apart at my new house, but it definently doesn't allow dual TV independant viewing. Each TV must have it's own box for D*.

Thinking of shifting to DTV: One quick question - if I have one HD & one SD tv do i need 2 boxes or just one Direct plus HD DVR (similar to Dish).

I tried HDMI and Component together, but I can't view different shows at the same time.

But yes, they both work at the same time..just if you change channel it will change channel for the other input too.

That works for my Living room Tv and the one in my bar, they are slaved tohether. That would mean I need a seperate box for all the other TVs. I would need 3 HD DVRs and 1 HD tuner. Will Direct allow you to have that many?

That works for my Living room Tv and the one in my bar, they are slaved tohether. That would mean I need a seperate box for all the other TVs. I would need 3 HD DVRs and 1 HD tuner. Will Direct allow you to have that many?

Yes, but you will probably have to pay full lease price for all but the first one. DirecTV doesn't have an account tuner limit like Dish does.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts