Dish Vip622 or 722

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bryantcombs

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
I just got a 722 installed in my bedroom and still have the 622 in my living room. My question is besides the dvr size is there any difference between the two. I also just a new 42" hdtv and have noticed a little pixelation in the picture. Is this normal for larger screen tv's or would the 722 be better here as well. Any help would be appreciated.

The 722 has the ability to accept HD downloads. Of course there are none yet. But if there ever are it will accept them.

There have been anecdotal reports that the 722 has a later generation MPEG-4 decoder, and that the picture quality on the 722 might be "better". Whether this is noticeable, or even true is up for discussion, but you would not go wrong by attaching the 722 to your best/largest set.

How much did it cost to get a second vip dvr? I have a 622 right now but they want a 24 month commitment and $125.00 from me to get the 722dvr is that what you had to do?

we just got a 722 put in our bedroom, but I'll swap it with the 622 in the living room as soon as I have time. the bigger hard drive is the biggest reason to swap them. the fact that the 722 is black doesn't hurt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)