Dish VIP722. No HD channels. Fewer satellites than previous

Smudgie

Original poster
Aug 5, 2018
Il
Cannot get HD channels, switches to SD. Did a 6-1-1 test. Warning 836. Fewer satellites than previously detected. Cancelled out. Summary Input 1 = Port 1 119 ok 1K.2 / Port 2 110 ok 1K.2 / Port 3 129 ok 1K.2 / Port 4 x x N.C. Status Reception Verified Switch DPP 1K.2 w/Separator. Exactly same on Input 2.

Point Dish. Satellite 110 / transponder 29 (strength=45) (10 gets strongest strength at 73) shows locked - echostar 110 west.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cannot get HD channels, switches to SD. Did a 6-1-1 test. Warning 836. Fewer satellites than previously detected. Cancelled out. Summary Input 1 = Port 1 119 ok 1K.2 / Port 2 110 ok 1K.2 / Port 3 129 ok 1K.2 / Port 4 x x N.C. Status Reception Verified Switch DPP 1K.2 w/Separator. Exactly same on Input 2.

Point Dish. Satellite 110 / transponder 29 (strength=45) (10 gets strongest strength at 73) shows locked - echostar 110 west.

Any help would be appreciated.

What are your signals on 129? That's where most of the western arc HD comes from.

Reactions: pattykay
Since you cancelled out the Switch Check, you don't know what satellites you have. When you Cancel Out, the atellite table remains unchanged and does not necessarily reflect the true status.

Run the Switch Check and allow it to update the satellite table. Then you can analyze the problem

Ran the check switch. Warning 836 (fewer satellites the previously detected. Choices are cancel. Retest. Save. This is where I cancelled before because I read that others lost everything if they saved.

Ran the check switch. Warning 836 (fewer satellites the previously detected. Choices are cancel. Retest. Save. This is where I cancelled before because I read that others lost everything if they saved.

Again, what are your signal levels on the 129 satellite?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Then you don't know what you are dealing with. Only after you save the test will you know what LNBs are receiving. Do the Switch Check and Save or don't ask for help.

They don't lose everything, but once the dish is pointed back in correctly or the problem fixed, another Check Switch will return with all 3 sats

Reactions: charlesrshell
I would think those VIP HD receivers are so obsolete and furthermore the OP might need to have his receivers upgraded to either the Hopper 3 or the Wally because them VIP receivers have already been retired and have been out of service for awhile so give both Dish and DIRT a call and see what they can do for you.

I would think those VIP HD receivers are so obsolete and furthermore the OP might need to have his receivers upgraded to either the Hopper 3 or the Wally because them VIP receivers have already been retired and have been out of service for awhile so give both Dish and DIRT a call and see what they can do for you.
Huh??

The day I have to turn in my VIP receiver is the day I stop Dish service. It's nothing more than a bad switch or a misaligned dish, or something in the way between the satellite and the dish.

Call Dish, have them come out to replace the switch/LNB or realign the dish.

Last time this happened to me it was nothing more than a tree grew into the line of sight for the satellite. A quick snip of a branch and all was okay.

:facepalm

As the saying goes, you thought wrong....

Definitely a DISH technician.

Had a similar problem with my 722k and W.A. sat 129 . Tech came out and found all 3 lnb's were half filled with WATER . Changed to E.A. to get HD locals not through OTA . Very satisfied.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)