Dish vs comcast

smjbh5

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 3, 2007
SF Bay Area
Im thinking about moving on from dish and getting comcast. Ive had dish for 10 years straight, but its getting too expensive now. I have top 200, hopper with sling, and 2 joeys. My bill is about $106 before taxes. I also pay $50 month for comcast internet (150mb). With comcast, id be getting the preferred double play bundle. 220 channels, x1 hd dvr and 2 additional x1 boxes, plus 200mb internet for about $120 (includes hbo for 12 months).

This is purly a cost play. I'm happy with dish, but its too much (tv + internet).

Anyone have comcast? How do you like it? Hiw does the tech compare to the hopper? Any info would be appreciated.

My experience with Comcast has been the stuff of nightmares. I can think of no other providers that I would not give a shot at before ever considering Comcast again. If you ever need customer service (and, sooner or later you will), may the gods have mercy on you. In comparison, Dish service is stellar.

i started with tci so long ago, moved on to dish and sold it for awhile. the fees got to be a killer. moved on to comcast their customer service sucks and am becoming a cord cutter.primarily because of their sucky customer service

cord cutting is wonderful

the tivo ota box is awsome, my OTA antenna is working great, i have netflix right now and may get hulu.

ending the rent on my modem, fees for 2 cable cards, i will drop comcast except for internet

Last edited:
Reactions: D. Manley
My mom has comcast
I'm very familiar with it.
I set up her service with Comcast
Latest and greatest equipment. X1
She has a killer deal with her community
Had to get xfinity

After giving the X1 a thorough test
I felt it was excellent. Best on demand
I've seen to date. Smooth system and very
Intuitive and user friendly
Personally, I liked it

Compared to dish I felt the picture
Was on par.
Where dish excels is its killer features
Of dish hop, prime time and blue tooth
To me those are game changers
But if you don't care about that, Comcast
Is a good alternative

I must say though the customer service
At comcast is horrendous
Dish is fantastic!

i was using my friends TWC i noticed that when i was at her house the DVR was slow and laggy and it froze up at certain times. i also noticed that using her acct to log into there home page and watch tv the picture would break up and digitize and buffer like there's no tomorrow and the same with her tv the picture sucks. TWC'S customer service is in a third world country so you can only imagine what that's like:eeek:shh

i was using my friends TWC i noticed that when i was at her house the DVR was slow and laggy and it froze up at certain times. i also noticed that using her acct to log into there home page and watch tv the picture would break up and digitize and buffer like there's no tomorrow and the same with her tv the picture sucks. TWC'S customer service is in a third world country so you can only imagine what that's like:eeek:shh
Well, that should be different this time next year. It appears when Charter buys TWC, they are dropping the TWC name...

Wheeler is only giving blessing if they agree to no caps. Also cannot jack up rates, or impose fees on webpages to allow their customers access.

The reason i was thinking about moving was all due to cost. Im happy with dish, but the $$ diff was pretty big when you factor in the cost if internet service by itself. Dish has closed a significant portion of the gap (comcast was still a bit cheaper) so ive decided to stay

Reactions: klatu10
Never thought I'd go with Mediacom for TV (had their internet for years) but I get multi-room TiVo service, pay only for channels I watch (their tiers are more logical for my purposes), get a clear, sharp picture (except for one or two channels, which I can live with), can record ALL my locals (including sub-channels), don't lose signal in a thunderstorm or snowstorm, AND pay $70 a month less for all three services than with satellite.

Wheeler is only giving blessing if they agree to no caps. Also cannot jack up rates, or impose fees on webpages to allow their customers access.
this is interesting they told me there's a 300 GB limit to discourage the pirates basicly.. and that if i wanted truly unlimited data caps that i would have to goto the business class and pay out the ass for slow speeds

how are the talks between dish and comcast coming along isnt the cooling off period over with?i just wonder what is going on thanks Allen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts