Dish Vs Direct Tv

Here is what concerns me about Directv. As they move forward toward their goal of wanting to provide one video package for their AT&T offerings, which will also be the same as their video offering for Directv, I am guessing that the picture resolution is going to be the same across the board. That is a very scary thought for those that currently do not enjoy AT&T's down resolutioned picture quality. I have always liked AT&T's hardware offerings and their Guide and User Interface much more than Directv's. But, they should really get rid of the poor picture quality of AT&T Uverse, but my feeling is, they are pretty proud of that product, and it is the Directv picture quality that is going to go bye bye, after all, that would save a ton of band width, now wouldn't it!? With all of that in mind, if I were choosing between Directv and Dish Network right now. My choice would be with Dish. And that for me would be a no brainer!

Here is what concerns me about Directv. As they move forward toward their goal of wanting to provide one video package for their AT&T offerings, which will also be the same as their video offering for Directv, I am guessing that the picture resolution is going to be the same across the board.
I don't think this is a reasonable assumption. While it might all start out the same (much as feeds from the program providers start out the same), what happens after it gets shoehorned into the respective distribution system may be decidedly different (much as it is now).

true, i usually have my phone hand with the imdb app

but the guide can make things easy

example. while watching the shootist, i went to cast, john wayne, and found a list of all his movies showing and scheduled to record the ones i wanted

That is the only thing I miss when I had Direct TV, "Cast and Crew". It was nice to click on a actor and all the actors movies they were in were displayed. Also their Bio. Hope Dish gets this feature some day.

That is the only thing I miss when I had Direct TV, "Cast and Crew". It was nice to click on a actor and all the actors movies they were in were displayed. Also their Bio. Hope Dish gets this feature some day.
I'm more interested in discovering what I can watch than what else might be better to watch but may not be available.

I'm more interested in discovering what I can watch than what else might be better to watch but may not be available.

it only shows whats upcoming on directv, unless you look into it by movies or tv shows, then it notes which is unavailable

howdy y'all what do you guys think about directv compared to dish saw that they are going to start bundling with att wireless service which i have so i am thinking about switching they are offering pretty god incentives my main concern is cost and the hardware i don't watch many channels besides rural tv and rfd tv as well as locals and amc and me tv over the air on my hopper

Sorry...but I weep for punctuation.

I had a EHD attached to a prior receiver. I had media from Dish on it including a number of shows my daughter had recorded and I backed up to the said EHD. When I upgraded my receiver to the hopper and attempted to watch the recordings, the drive was inaccessible. I had to reformat the drive to have the Hopper receiver recognize it. My daughter as you may have guessed, was extremely pi**ed off. By my experience and expectations the EHD was not connected to my account.
You either had a glitch/malfunction with the EHD as ChadT41 suggested or your EHD was "attached" to a VIP211. A VIP211 has no internal hard drive and so it is not a DVR, but an attached EHD can turn the VIP211 into a DVR for a $40 per account fee. Once attached to a VIP211 an EHD is receiver specific, not account specific and will only work with that VIP211. A second VIP211 can be made a DVR with a different EHD and the $40 fee covers any additional VIP211's on the account that are so upgraded. An EHD attached to a VIP622/722 is account specific and should be able to be used with a Hopper system. If not, then there was some kind of a glitch or malfunction. As Chad suggested a DIRT rep might have been able to help in that case, but not if it was attached to VIP211. Apples and oranges.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts