Dish vs. DirecTV wireless set top boxes?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I forgot to add that any in-wall runs should meet local codes such as fire resistant conduit for network cables. Personally, I would use such conduit for all in-wall runs of ANYTHING to always play it safe even if codes may not require it for certain cables.

I don't want to end up like that columnist who wrote about frying turkeys for thanksgiving but did not mention the fire dangers. :). After reading the article, the man's house caught fire attempting to fry his turkey.

Agree! I got the whole house wired (all CAT6 gigabit) for reasons stated by all above. It has been great, and so easy to add devices and the routher handles all the traffice very well. Of course, wireless for the phones and tablets. I invested in a much better router than I had and it has made wireless very reliable and fast for such wireless devices, but WIRED is ALWAYS the preferred way whenever possible. Wired makes life so EASY!

My aunt is a total hater of wireless, she is on board, too. She went wired when she re-did her house and LOVES it. Wireless in her home is NOT practical in many rooms because of layout being longer and not wide, so the wireless signals have several walls to penetrate and it just does not work. She does have a WAP in the front portion of her house that works well for her use of wireless devices.

Now, the mesh devices/networks could work in her home, BUT they are still too expensive. All the money that would be spent on a mesh network could be spent on more wired rooms--and that would cost LESS expensive than a mesh network at today's prices. She and I will consider mesh when the prices come down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)