This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

DISH -VS- VOOM - A Settlement has been reached!

E* may have done them a favor....

If there were 1.2 million Voom subscribers on E* and they were paying $3+ a subscriber, they were only netting $30+million a month.....

If they were required to pay $100 million a month, you KNOW that Cablevision's subscriber weren't picking up the other two thirds JUST TO BREAK EVEN.... much less make a decent profit.

The business model was unsustainable.... E* did them a favor, and unless they can convince the court to give them a big cash payout, Cablevision's black hole of a balance sheet will continue to degrade....

OK, I'm up to section 42. They were supposed to spend $3 million on each movie channel, and $5 million on any other channel.

Hmmm...one of the channels discontinued was Torque, which was supposed to be a sports channel. So shouldn't that be $80 million instead of $82 Million?

It is arguable that there was no reduction in channels. There was a consolidation. Material from 21 was folded into 15. Anther point for the court to decide. Hard to say a movie channel was discontinued when it's movies are still shown, perhaps on a different channel, perhaps not as often.

Actually, it was a $100 million a year ($82 million prorated), leaving a very hefty profit.

New Content March 2008 through May 2008

May 2008 Voom HD Highlights

new Voom channel May 1,2008

Treasure HD filming segment about lithium powered vehicles

Which HD Cinema Movies have you seen?Would you like to post your review of the movie? (
123 ... Last Page)

VOOM's Equator HD Builds Original Programming Slate With 3 New Series in Development

Voom HD announces new shows for summer and fall

Monsters HD to show planet of the apes festival (
12)

April 2008 Voom HD Highlights

The "Omen"Trilogy

March 2008 Voom HD Highlights

New Content November 2008 - February 2008.

February 2008 Voom HD Networks Highlights

Rush HD: New Original Series Featuring Mountaineer Joby Ogwyn

TREASURE hd - THE RE-INVENTORS

January 2008 Voom HD Highlights

Voom HD December 2007 Highlights

Rounding Up HD News: Voom HD Will Debut Photography Series in January

Rush: The Thin Line: Life on the Edge Premieres December 15, 2007

November 2007 Voom HD Highlights

Voom HD Sends Zohn 'Earthtripping'

New Content before November 2007

October 2007 VOOM HD NETWORK HIGHLIGHTS

Animania HD picks up a hat trick

Rio 2007 Pan-American Games WorldSport HD

Ultra HD Gets Cooking With 'Appetizing Adventures'

VOOM aiming for 15m int’l homes

Voom Expands HD Kids, Family Fare

Dead Art on Gallery HD

VOOM HD NETWORKS’ September 2007 PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS

Movies: Creepshow and Creepshow II on Monster HD 8/18/2007

VOOM's Gallery HD Premieres Two New Original Series

MONSTERS HD "HALLOWEEN" Marathon - August 31 - September 1

Ultimate Journeys reaches the Equator

VOOM HD NETWORKS’ August 2007 PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS

Voom¹s Rave Hd To Premiere New Season Of Original Series ³beautiful Noise² August 24

is Worldsport going to show CFL 2007?

iD Distribution & Music Engine Perform for VOOM's Rave HD in the US

Voom Hd Networks’ July 2007 Program Highlights

Mangan show's heating up on Voom

Filmfest presents "Frida"

The Horror of Radiation: Watch "My Burning Back"

Ultimate Tourist Scams NEW SERIES on EQHD Premieres 6/5 at 8pm

Art of the Heist Second Season Starting 6/5 at 8pm ET on GalleryHD

New Series: MotorSport Ranch on Rush HD Premieres tonight at 9pm ET

The Making of Shadowrun Premieres tonight at 9pm on GPHD

Voom signs agreement with AOL -- everest documentary on Rush HD

Monsters HD presents Poltergeist Triple Feature 5/19 at 10:30am

Air Race World Series

Tour of President Thomas Jefferson's home on "Chasing History"

Voom Hd Networks’ June 2007 Program Highlights

Voom Serves Up Hi-Def Meat Loaf

Voom’s Treasure HD Is Chasing History Home

ART: TV roadshow has an eye for the mundane, exquisite

Voom Acquires Original Series From Decode Entertainment

Voom's Rave Hd To Premiere Exclusive New Season Of "soundstage" May 25

Gallery HD to feature the SEARS Towers

Rave HD May Highlights: Elvis Costello, MJF 2006, Scotty Moore & Friends

Voom HD acquires "Lockie Leonard"

Treasure HD Takes a Dive

Voom Hd Networks’ April 2007 Program Highlights

VOOM's Rush HD Gets into the Race With New Original Series Motorsport Ranch

Voom HD, Altitude climb 'Everest'

The Lost Wave: An African Surf Story Makes World Premiere at Malibu Film Festival

VOOM’S RAVE HD EXPANDS EXCLUSIVE MUSICAL CONTENT NEW SEASON OF "Later...JH"

Voom Hd Networks' March 2007 Program Highlights

VOOM’S RAVE HD TO PREMIERE “BILLY IDOL: LIVE” ON MARCH 30th at 9 p.m. ET

Voom Hd Networks' February 2007 Program Highlights

Gallery HD Launches Opera Block

Voom's Gameplay Hd Presents Gamecaster’s Battlefield 2142 Invitational

Voom- Rave Hd To Premiere Talks With Dave Fanning Featuring Peter Frampton 2/9/07

VOOM HD Network Acquires Programming from NHK

Voom HD Networks January 2007 Schedule

E* may have done them a favor....

If there were 1.2 million Voom subscribers on E* and they were paying $3+ a subscriber, they were only netting $30+million a month.....

If they were required to pay $100 million a month....
It's $100m per year, not per month. Way back in 2005, when E* only had 20,000 HD customers, VOOM was spending A TON of their own money. Even at today's HD customer numbers, they're still spending a lot of their own money to reach $100 million. Of course one way to deal with that is to get carriage on more systems !

Sorry Sean but the complaints for repeats on Voom have always been there.

I already answered this but here it goes again. The programming became worthless between November 2007 and February 2008. This is where the movie channels drop all the movies and they were only showing two movies per channel. Also if you look at the hilights through these months is consistent with the big complaints on this board and consistent with the time that E* basically said to V* make the programming worthless. In this period there was nothing to little to watch and everything it seemed was trash on those channels. Now we think we know the reason why.

E* may have done them a favor........

Bob, I disagree. I think if you read the document you will find out that they (V*) knew that they were going to operate at a loss for a while until the deal reached maturity. Reaching maturity involved two variables. One the HD sub base was going to increase in the later part of the deal and the amount per sub was also going to increase. So the money lost in the beginning of the deal was going to be made and more at the end of the deal. This is why E* was reluctant to pay now because later it will be a substantial amount of money.

"The folks from VOOM have filed an amended complaint against Dish Network. In this complaint they throw all kinds of things at Dish hoping that something will stick."

Ugh! Has this site lost all objectivity when it come to matter related to EchoStar? It's beginning to look like those SatelliteGuys Team Summit investments, er...I mean exclusives...are paying divididents for Team Charlie.

I don't think an objective answer can be ascertained until someone actually reads the complain(s) along with the Affiliation Agreement (Nov 2005) and pre-Agreement (April 2005). Since we are not privy to the important sections of those documents, everything offered is merely an opinion.

I certainly have no problems with opinons...I offer mine freely all the time! While it is certainly understandable that anything posted by Joe Schmoe (member) is typically opinion based, postings on the main SatelliteGuys.us News Page are usually treated as fact, unless otherwise reported as rumor.

I guess my question to Scott is what is your basis for posting, "In this complaint they throw all kinds of things at Dish hoping that something will stick", as a fact on SatelliteGuys.us front page news? I would recommend identifying this quote as your opinion or moving it to down to The Pit.

Again, EchoStar may have very well been within their rights to terminate the agreement...but VOOM says otherwise.

oops... my bad..... Weekend must be almost here... Basic Math is escaping me....

OK, I'll join in now..... Charlie Bad. Grrrr. (Teeth Knashing)

Bottom line..... Voom wasn't bringing in as many as Charlie wanted so he came up with excuses to scotch the deal..... We'll see who wins after the dust settles....

Reminds me of a line from The People Vs. Larry Flynt....

...don't be so melodramatic. You don't want to quit me. I'm your dream client. I'm the most fun, I'm rich, and I'm always in trouble.

sounds like something one of Charlie's lawyers would say..

as much as I like Scott and I agree with him most of the time, I have to say that that statement in the front page is not appropiate. I am a staff member and I do not like it as I did not like it that I had to pay all those months and not get the programming I was expecting. I hope he re-considers that statement.

We should let everyone express opinions on the thread but in the front page it looks like a joke instead of something that could demand a response from Echostar to this document. And I would like to read their response as well.

I agreee.

"In this complaint they throw all kinds of things at Dish hoping that something will stick."

This should've been left out. Scott should've just posted the news and then post his opinion.

Once again, The "People that do not Favor Voom". (trying to not insult anyone) do not want to see the entire picture, only the parts that prove thier point. I will wait to see dish has as an answer to this rather than statements made outside of the Justice system. The Doc on its owns shows the money was spent and the problem is what counts and what does not. You can read it anyway you like, but until Dish proves in a court of law the contract was broken legally, they did in fact break the provisions of the contract. Whether you take Dish or the Voom side Dish needs to Prove all the Statement made by them. Voom has put theirs on paper and filed in a court. If Voom did indeed not meet the standards of the agreement, fine. But a statement from Dish saying, trust us they broke the contract..is not good enuogh. I am waiting For dish and their side before I pick the black hat in this shootout. Just remember Just because you do not agree with something, does not make everyone who does not agree with you wrong. I lean toward Voom, but Lets see what Dish has to say and prove. Dish could prove everyone of their Points , end it now.

Just remember some of these posters may be a week removed from hob nobbing with Charlie, They may have Dishs side already. I always Keep this in Mind when dealing with CEO types..they are where they are not only because they are smart, but are charmers as well. I take nothing on face value from these guys unless I see proof. Working for a Gaint Company you learn fast. I say Dish can settle this Quickly with some Facts(contract point with answer as to why) that prove that contract is now null and void. All I am asking for is proof. Until then both share blame for not considering the Customer IMO.

Lots of speculation here, but fact is no one will ever "KNOW" who was at fault, the legal system will however assess if Voom was harmed and award damages or not based on its findings.

Voom is gone, dead and buried on DISH, this is now an "investor" play to recapture some $$. Those of us that are passionate about VOOM should move on to pushing for TRUE HD with E* & D* or your local cable companies. Complaining to DISH to add VOOM back is pointless.

Yep. And I'll miss Equator- as it was in the beginning, not the end.

OMG...

Are you trying to tell me that DISH told VOOM to show more repeats? Why would they possibly do that? (See section 93(c))

They were trying to make the service look really bad, then when they killed it, cause it would be costing them too much money, people wouldn't care.

Dish is a real bastard.

It won't happen but I hope VOOM ends up owning DISH