DISH -VS- VOOM - A Settlement has been reached!

I am also excited about any possibility of getting some of the old Monsters/Kung Fu Voom movies back on the air but it would be terrible if they were on AMC itself. The way that they cut movies and interrupt them with commercials makes them close to useless when it comes to movie watching. Better to not show them butchered then put them on that way.

I was so furious when I lost MonstersHD if there is any chance or some hope this may come back in some form I will take it.

Out of all the Voom channels, Monsters was probably the better of them. Outside of commercials, what makes it better than Chiller TV?

Out of all the Voom channels, Monsters was probably the better of them. Outside of commercials, what makes it better than Chiller TV?

It wouldn't be "SyFy channel 2" and run by the same people that run that channel. As it is, it got ruined right after they took over the programming of Chiller.

primestar31 said:
Yeah, odd how it seemed to vanish for me, but it eventually came back. Sorry for jumping the gun, it just seemed likely when I went back and forth a bunch of times and those notices never appeared like they had before.

Although unlikely, it is still possible someone jumped the gun made the update, only to be told by the lawyer to put it back because the agreement was not finalized.

John Kotches said:
If the jury wasn't present, why would it affect them and cause a mistrial? I don't see it here, but I'm nowhere near an expert in the legal field.

I think Scott was referring to the mistake the court made by filing the "poss settlement" entry on the court docket today. The court clerk had said it was a mistake.

Did I mention "market manipulation?" Even the appearance of it can be problematic, although a mistrial from that action, I don't know.

I see "Not on Dish" right by the Walking Dead title...

I see it as well (click to expand).

Capture.JPG

I also still see a rather obtrusive popup ad against Dish on the AMC, IFC, We, and Sundance websites:
Capture2.JPG

I wonder if it goes by ISP. If you have cable internet, maybe they figure you have cable tv.

I say talks are ongoing. The clerk jumped the gun. But briefing has to be on the talks. What else is there to hold a briefing about?

My bet, $1.4B in cash, 5 year AMC deal (a pricey one to extort more money from DirecTV, Comcast, and TWC) which includes AMC, IFC, and maybe Sundance in HD, licence to put AMC content on Dish Online/Blockbuster, and licence for any remaining Voom content.

None of us really knows if there will bea settlement----much less whether it will mean the return of AMC or VOOM or HD versions of other channels.

Geronimo said:
None of us really knows if there will bea settlement----much less whether it will mean the return of AMC or VOOM or HD versions of other channels.

While that is true, it sure is nice to dream. :)

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app