DISH -VS- VOOM - A Settlement has been reached!

I feel like all this discussion of the Voom channels returning is nothing more than an attempt to fill the void in conversation left by the settlement. :) Things are certainly less interesting around here now that we have neither party in the case to attack.

That's messed up. They should cancel Chiller, maybe they can save some money instead of having a crap channel.

Chiller isn't as good content-wise as it was before SyFy management took over, but it does sometimes have something worth watching. Especially when they do marathons of some older series. So I'd prefer they leave it.

Chiller isn't as good content-wise as it was before SyFy management took over, but it does sometimes have something worth watching. Especially when they do marathons of some older series. So I'd prefer they leave it.
Well, duh...look how bad SciFi, er, SyFy is now that SyFy management took over. :(

I heard VOOM HD was coming back as well. A leprechaun who rode off a rainbow on his unicorn that was next to my Rolls Royce just outside the Ritz Carlton in the under water city of Atlantis told me so. Face it, if VOOM was such a viable service, Cablevision would have kept it alive on their own systems. It's dead, just like TNN! Wait, huh?

Last edited:
For those of us who are old enough, we don't have to ask about the fate of Voom. We just pull out our vinyl of Abbey Road, go to the end, and play it backwards....Voom is dead...miss it, miss it.;) Beatles were always ahead of their time.

Last edited:
No NO. It's record Revolution Number 9 on a reel to reel. Put the tape on a non reversing tape deck and listen to it backwards. "Yes he's dead"

Actually did that when I was a dj on a college radio station in Binghamton NY in the late 60's.

Last edited:
You're obviously a young whipper snapper with no sense of humor.;)

Man, I wish you were right about the young part! lol

Actually I'm getting close to mid 50's, but I'm a bit crotchety today because I had "splay me open" hernia surgery yesterday, and it hurts like Hell today! Even with pain meds, and a naproxen sodium pill...

Then again, I never could abide prattling and this thread seems to have devolved into that...

Actually I'm getting close to mid 50's, but I'm a bit crotchety today because I had "splay me open" hernia surgery yesterday, and it hurts like Hell today! Even with pain meds, and a naproxen sodium pill...

Then again, I never could abide prattling and this thread seems to have devolved into that...
Sorry about your surgery, thank goodness I never had to go through that, because I have several friends who have and I know it is excruciating. I am also suffering some major pain/drugs, but another story for another time. I agree this thread should be closed. However, I was just jokingly addressing those who are under the false assumption that any part of Voom will return. That said, I sincerely hope you feel better soon. BTW, next year, my 50's will be gone. :(

Last edited:
primestar31 said:

Ouch! XD I hope that you have a speedy recovery!

Hope you feel better soon.