Dish Wake the HELL UP!

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Dear Charlie, Jim, and co.

You need to WAKE THE HELL UP! THE PLAYOFFS started today. Where is TBS HD? From loosing MLB extra innings to the lack of TBS HD, you have showed your customers that you really don't care much about Baseball, which is Americas past time. Hell you even almost lost NHL Center ICE! All for what to save money. Why couldn't you reach a deal to at least temporally put up TBS hd and guarantee a place holder in the future for tbs?

I bet if the Rocky's were in the play offs you would be all over this! EDIT: MYBAD THEY DID MAKE THE PLAYOFFS AND STILL NO DICE

Directv has been slowly gained the lead in the high definition programming department. AND IS NOW THE NEW OFFICIAL HD CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. ONCE AGAIN DISH COMES IN AT 2ND PLACE. A good friend of mine once said "IF YOU AIN'T FIRST YOUR LAST" His name was Ricky Bobby.

NEXT, FIX YOUR DAMN PIRACY PROBLEM! I'm sorry dish. I'm hot that you would tell legit retailers to stop selling a product that is 100 percent legal with factory software, and then have the balls to blame the manufactures of "aiding the users to gain access to programming illegally" When the real problem is you all have been lazy and haven't gotten off your asses to fix the real problem THAT YOUR SECURITY SYSTEM IS A DUD! GUT CHECK TIME... FIX YOUR PIRACY PROBLEM and you wouldn't have to worry about hacking. Ask Directv, their security system seems to work now and has for the past two years.

Where is all this programming on my dish that Directv is adding? Don't tell me that you don't have the space available on the birds. Because I look at the up link reports... I know where every channel is... I know what transponders are on and which ones are not. There is plenty of room up there right now. You all just need to get a little bet organized and change some places that stuff is getting up linked. Kill some duplicate channels. Right now there is room up there to efficiently put on 20 new HD channels.

SO where is this grand and wonderful response that dish has in place of Directv? Oh yea We know where your interest lies.. Being sold to ATT And not caring about the basics anymore. If I'm wrong tell me I'm wrong, but do me a favor and stop making empty promises and just start being a doer.. Because doers get things done, and is on top of the ball before their competition get to them... Which Directv has done already!

Dear Charlie, Jim, and co.

You need to WAKE THE HELL UP! THE PLAYOFFS started today. Where is TBS HD? From loosing MLB extra innings to the lack of TBS HD, you have showed your customers that you really don't care much about Baseball, which is Americas past time. Hell you even almost lost NHL Center ICE! All for what to save money. Why couldn't you reach a deal to at least temporally put up TBS hd and guarantee a place holder in the future for tbs?

I bet if the Rocky's were in the play offs you would be all over this!

Directv has been slowly gained the lead in the high definition programming department. AND IS NOW THE NEW OFFICIAL HD CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. ONCE AGAIN DISH COMES IN AT 2ND PLACE. A good friend of mine once said "IF YOU AIN'T FIRST YOUR LAST" His name was Ricky Bobby.

NEXT, FIX YOUR DAMN PIRACY PROBLEM! I'm sorry dish. I'm hot that you would tell legit retailers to stop selling a product that is 100 percent legal with factory software, and then have the balls to blame the manufactures of "aiding the users to gain access to programming illegally" When the real problem is you all have been lazy and haven't gotten off your asses to fix the real problem THAT YOUR SECURITY SYSTEM IS A DUD! GUT CHECK TIME... FIX YOUR PIRACY PROBLEM and you wouldn't have to worry about hacking. Ask Directv, their security system seems to work now and has for the past two years.

Where is all this programming on my dish that Directv is adding? Don't tell me that you don't have the space available on the birds. Because I look at the up link reports... I know where every channel is... I know what transponders are on and which ones are not. There is plenty of room up there right now. You all just need to get a little bet organized and change some places that stuff is getting up linked. Kill some duplicate channels. Right now there is room up there to efficiently put on 20 new HD channels.

SO where is this grand and wonderful response that dish has in place of Directv? Oh yea We know where your interest lies.. Being sold to ATT And not caring about the basics anymore. If I'm wrong tell me I'm wrong, but do me a favor and stop making empty promises and just start being a doer.. Because doers get things done, and is on top of the ball before their competition get to them... Which Directv has done already!

Love it----totally agree---but the rockies are in the playoffs!

I also forgot to mention that Directv has expanded their locals beyond the big for in certin markets. Like chicago, they also carry WGNHD. I dont get why Dish isnt carrying WGN, WCIU, and WTTW in HD as apart of the local package when it is local network in HD. You would think they would carry them all or nothing.. Atleast somehting is better than nothing, but dish has got to start getting on the ball of things..

There was one time that I could recommend dish to family and Friends... That time is now over!

I think you are right Bob. Charlie is asleep and who knows when he will wake up. When does he might notice a lot less subs.

They don't have room to put 20 up right now. They've got quite a bit of LiL consolidation work ahead of them before they can do this.

I just don't see them putting TBS-HD guys...maybe I'll eat my words... but I don't see DishNetwork doing a knee jerk reaction just for some baseball that will be over soon. IMHO, I praise them for actually waiting for some compelling HD content to put in the valuable space they have left for now. I for one will frown on the WeatherHD addition over another HD channel that people will actually watch for extended periods of time. I'm sure the programming overthinkers at E* are going "new HD channel... 2% HD content..nope.. new HD channel 10% HD content...nope....will someone please raise their hand with at least 35% HD content a day? " No one is raising their hand...

How did they almost lose Center Ice?

Did you just sign an 18-month contract? I always stay away from those.

Couldnt you just hop over to D*? I hear they have some really good deals right now. But I bet if you wait a month or so, you can get the HD-DVR for free.

I think they make you sign a 12 month contract but at least it looks like theyll be the new HD leader for at least a year or 2.

Digi. If a program is in hd. No matter what channel. We want it. There is not alot of 24/7 hd content right now-anywhere. Charlie could at least tease us and use one or two channels for some new hd.:)

Yeah. Little upset here, too.

I got suckered into a combo plan about 6 months ago, so I'm locked in for another year yet. Otherwise I'd be gone. At the time, we were competing with D* in HD. D* had just gotten Buffalo, NY locals (which E* promised by year end 2006, I believe).

And ya know what - for us sports fans, and Die-Hard Baseball fans, getting TBSHD for a couple of weeks of playoffs is worth it to us over something else I wouldn't watch anyway. Besides - I'd love to see Family Guy in HD (or stretch-o for that matter) on a daily basis. I understand that Charlie shouldn't do something just because all the other kids are jumping off the bridge. But if you read the forums enough, there are quite a few baseball fans that are really anxious to watch the playoffs in HD. For me? I'm scr&wed because I don't even have locals in HD yet, so (does Fox have the series?) I can't watch the WS in HD either. HOWEVER - If I hadn't been so damn stupid as to lock in for 18 months, I could have had Extra Innings this year, could have Sunday Ticket right now, and could watch EVERY PLAYOFF GAME IN HD.

This sucks.

Go Sox!!

-Goober

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)