Dish Wake the HELL UP!

Why the hell are the playoffs on TBS? You would think MLB would want them on an HD station that's available to most of the fans. Great way to showcase the Playoffs. :mad:

It's literally only Dish that hasn't come to an agreement. In addition to DirecTV, almost all of the major cable operators including Comcast, Time Warner, Cox, Cablevision, and Bright House have agreements to carry TBS HD.

It's literally only Dish that hasn't come to an agreement. In addition to DirecTV, almost all of the major cable operators including Comcast, Time Warner, Cox, Cablevision, and Bright House have agreements to carry TBS HD.
Thanks. I didn't know that. Thanks again Dish :mad:

I think the TBS-HD delay has to due with long drawn out dispute with Court-TV earlier this year..Its payback time for Turner Broadcasting

Dish should have worked out a deal to show the games in HD, but TBS-HD is just another crap stretch-o-vision channel. Not surprisingly TBS is doing the same thing TNT did, using sports playoffs as leverage for carriage agreements. Can't fault them for that, it seems to work, mostly.

Personally I'd much rather Dish added USA-HD, Sci-Fi-HD and some more premium movie channels first, but that's just me.

NightRyder

Dish should have worked out a deal to show the games in HD, but TBS-HD is just another crap stretch-o-vision channel. Not surprisingly TBS is doing the same thing TNT did, using sports playoffs as leverage for carriage agreements. Can't fault them for that, it seems to work, mostly.

Personally I'd much rather Dish added USA-HD, Sci-Fi-HD and some more premium movie channels first, but that's just me.

NightRyder

I bet they already tried since no one was going to watch TBS-HD after the playoffs are done. TBS also knows this. They probably told dish, take it all or leave it. Dish then made the decision not to carry it after weighing all the numbers deeming the channel as not value added.

I agree with goaliebob. If most other providers can pick up tbs hd why doesn't dish. If i wasn't under contract with dish till next summer i would have already switched to directv.

Dear Goaliebob99,

We have TBS HD. We're sitting in a test screening room watching it on a 64" screen right now. Wish you were here. Maybe you'll be able to watch next year.

Sincerely,

Charlie, Jim, and co.

my phils are in the playoffs and i want to see them in HD however once the playoffs are over i will have no need for TBS hd. If it means seeing a higher monthly bill i say no way. F ted turner

NHL Ice in HD $125
Health TV HD $24
TBS HD for playoff games.... priceless

Charlies does not have visa to buy TBS HD... :D Maybe he is watching on Cable :D

my phils are in the playoffs and i want to see them in HD however once the playoffs are over i will have no need for TBS hd. If it means seeing a higher monthly bill i say no way. F ted turner

Of course you realize that Ted Turner sold TBS Inc. to Time Warner 11 years ago and is no longer involved with the company.

NightRyder

Couldn't agree more. Baseball used to be America's past time, but now you can only see the 1st rounds of the playoffs on TBS. Even the League championship series games are split between FOX and TBS. Baseball might have set new attendance records this year, but don't draw ratings like they used to.

Dish will get more return for their investment if they use the available HD bandwidth for the USA, Sci-FI, or regional sports networks. Not a channel that will broadcast HD for 3 weeks.

Isn't TBS paying big bucks for "early" syndication rights for series? Such as The Office and My Name is Earl. Two great shows.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)