Dish wants to come out for a "courtesty" check, what's up?

Sorry for taking a while to reply.

I'm not seeing any poor signals, mid 50s to low 60s on a few checks.

Receiver is broadband connected and the rep said it had been reporting signal loss issues.

I'll keep an eye on the feller. Don't figure it's anything shady, just seemed odd. But replies here doesn't send any red flags up.

Your LNB might be having LNB drift. :)

They are just trying to prevent something minor that you dont notice yet from turning into something major.

They are being PREactive. :D

Could be a barrel with intermittent loss, no grounding letting noise in the line, drift, receiver hdd failure, etc.

Could be a barrel with intermittent loss, no grounding letting noise in the line, drift, receiver hdd failure, etc.
HDD failure in the diags section. Menu 6-3 then counters you have to scroll down to the HDD counters by hit the page down button 8 times. Line 9 shows Fail FS Count if more than 0 may be problems. Line 17 will show HDD EFS RW FAIL count if it isn't 0 you have are most likely having a failing HDD. Don't know of any way to check for the rest though.

Pretty sure LNB drift will show in the installation summary page. Menu 6-1-1-details
Pardon my too fast fingers on keyboard. The LNB drift will be Menu 6-1-3 then details. I would've just edited this but option no longer available since PC has been off and I reloaded browser. LNB drift has to be -6 or more before E* will replace it.

I just got the same call. About floored me, as I'm not noticing any issues. Can't hurt to check it out I suppose, just wanted to make sure it was legit. I have to say, this kind of service really impresses me, kudos to Dish for implementing this.

EDIT: I can't help but wonder if this is for a dish realignment due to issues they had with that sat a while back? You pro's could probably add to my "tin foil hat" theory I'm sure. I suppose if that were the case quite a few more people would be getting calls?

Last edited:
Welp, Dish guy left a bit ago.

Bolt had come loose on the dish and was tilting, feller was done in 5 minutes.

Appreciate the preventative maintenance :)

I am a former DNSC FSM and FSS-3, when I did calls like this it was usually on a Sub contractor or retailer that had done the original install. It may be legitimate, but I believe it is a way for dish to do quality control on the non direct dish installs. I work for a preffered dish retailer now and he is proud to have me because I do all my installs to DNSC standard. Something to think about!

In my case it was a no trouble found. And it was the same rsp (southern star) as did the original install back in 2005.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)