Dish website messed up again

vodad

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 14, 2005
you would think a company the size of dish could keep their website up.

anyone else having problems logging into their account?

I have not tried today, but I find that problem quite often. You would think that Dish would add the needed servers, etc... to keep the site up. I guess Charles is too cheap :)

Definitely problems today...as usual...

Tried to chat with CS and had a less than intelligent conversation about the issue...as usual....

Makes it tough to be a paperless billing/auto pay person when I can almost never access my account.

At the very least they should add specialized tech support for web help only. It's clear that the CS reps are not equipped for web support...when the only 2 options they ever give you are "clear your cookies" and "use a different web browser".

i can not even log in, i get separate window to log in and when i enter the info the window pops back up empty asking for the info again.

They had issues around that time, according to Dash when I called to activate a receiver the auto message stated they couldn't access customers accounts.

you would think a company the size of dish could keep their website up.

anyone else having problems logging into their account?

I could not log on to my account for WEEKS. When I downgraded I mentioned this to the CSR who said they were having issues, and that some were not able to log on to their accounts at the website, but that it should be fixed soon, or I could call back and she claimed there was a way to get me logged in via the phone with some one at tech. Finally, just 3 days ago, I was able to log in. There was a problem for quite some time.

You forget to factor in Charlie Ergan and his frugal ways. He gets absolutely great credit for being committed to providing the best quality PQ and sound possible with the bandwidth restraints all systems have. State of the art encoders and very complex and capable and even most advanced in their class satellites, but the website is a place I easily imagine Charlie trying to squeeze the turnip. DirecTV's website seems to always be accurate and well maintained and updated. Dish? Well, there are always other places Charlie would rather spend the money.

I finally got in, I had a 622 take a crap a couple of days ago, it no longer sees the satellites, replacement is supposed to be on the way. This was yesterday and as of 5 minutes ago, still no pickup by UPS, i usually have my replacement the next day, or two days max.

Lost the HardDrive on a 722 about 3 months ago. Not having good luck with equipment lately.

I accessed my account yesterday to update my credit card info. Last night 1 of my receivers was only getting infomercial channels. After doing several resets and having no results I called Dish. The CSR said the receiver had been deactivated by me on the internet. I didnt get anywhere the equipment section.

The CSR reactivated the receiver and I was back in business soon afterward.

The majority of the time Dish's IT people are updating the computer system. That is the reason I get from CSR's when activations are not working or the phone queue is as slow as Maple Syrup in Vermont winter.
Dish seems to pick the most idiotic time to do this work. INstead of the middle of the night, they do it in the middle of the day.
Morons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)