Dish website package listing snafu - fixed.

I like getting the superstations but like everyone else I'm jumping ship also if they don't offer them anymore and it will suck because I have been fairly happy with Dish.

Again everyone should relax, I have a feeling it's a website issue.

I am waiting to hear back from Dish Network on this issue.

again RELAX, don't panic until I say so. :D

It is puzzling that an error would remain on the website this long though.

I know the programming pages are dynamically driven by a program, but I'm pretty sure the comparison page is made manually

I think they are having issues with their site... I was in the programming area of the 'my account area' and in some of the selections I get this message:
Due to technical difficulties, we are unable to process your request at this time. You may try again in a few moments or contact the Customer Service Center at 1-800-333-DISH (3474) for account assistance.

But if they are for real with it... I bet I can turn my dish into the DISH-B-Q - The first DISH Bar-B-Q Grill - hey I wonder if I can get free service for that one HAHAHA

Iceberg said:
chill people...its highly unlikely that Dish would remove all these channels

I agree, it's more than likely just web site error. I've worked on web sites, and believe me it is quite easy to accidentally upload the wrong files and not even realize it.

Dish signed a long term agreement with Viacom last year therefore, there would be absolutely no reason for Dish to drop Viacom channels, and I also believe there is an agreement in place (for a few years) on the Disney/ABC channels.

Think about it, when was the last time you saw a channel removed from the web site BEFORE it was actually removed from the line-up or at least announced that it will be dropped.

Lets just RELAX!

Those were the old package names.

It's the same links they've been using and still used, they just didn't change the directory names when they changed the package names

nitstalker said:
I think they are having issues with their site... I was in the programming area of the 'my account area' and in some of the selections I get this message:
Due to technical difficulties, we are unable to process your request at this time. You may try again in a few moments or contact the Customer Service Center at 1-800-333-DISH (3474) for account assistance.

But if they are for real with it... I bet I can turn my dish into the DISH-B-Q - The first DISH Bar-B-Q Grill - hey I wonder if I can get free service for that one HAHAHA

I just tried too and had issues.

jmeluni said:
I agree, it's more than likely just web site error. I've worked on web sites, and believe me it is quite easy to accidentally upload the wrong files and not even realize it.

Lets just RELAX!

EXACTLY!!! :)

I just spoke with Steve Caulk who had no comment and said he was looking into it. I hope to hear back from him soon.

From the sound of Steve's voice this sounded like news to him, and from that I once again am guessing this is a website screwup.

I just checked the other site and there is not even any mention of this.

Man are they behind the times.

This is why I love Satellite Guys. This place ROCKS!!

Great job breaking the news AGAIN!