Dish what are you waiting for add full time HDRSN's ALLREADY!

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
I'm starting to get pissed @ dish, I go to turn on the blues game last night on Fox Sports midwest with is my alternate regional RSN, is in in HD? Sure but not on dish! I have to suffer through 4:3 crapoloa! I go to look at Monday for my Whitesox opener. I dam well know is on in HD as every game is on in HD during the regular season, Is it on in hd? Not on dish! Edit: After an update of the guide, it appears that dish is indeed carrying the game in HD, but the point still stands, CUSTOMERS SHOULD NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT IF THEIR GAME IS ON IN HD OR NOT!

Now, why is it that dish is anti sports? Being anti sports and anti baseball, dish is Anti American because Baseball is America's Past time! This ties into the constant outsourcing of American jobs to india! (http://www.ldnews.com/news/ci_14519394) not meeting the company's need is code for its costing us too much so were going to outsource it all together!

I give dish a challenge to have a 100 percent domestic call center system, and 0 percent foreign reps. Dish's constant anti american attitude has forced thousands of customers to miss out on sports programming that American customers would want! So, why not add HD rsn's in full time and add american value programming such as MLB extra innings! Ok, im off my soap box now! :up:D

I give dish a challenge to have a 100 percent domestic call center system, and 0 percent foreign reps.

Dish announced last year that their goal was to have all call centers back on US soil by the end of 2011, because the #1 complaint for every customer is that they have trouble understanding the person on the phone. So they're already working on your "challenge."

Your statement of foreign reps sounds pretty damn racist dude. But....just because someone is answering the phone in the US, doesn't mean they won't have a foreign accent.:rolleyes:

Your statement of foreign reps sounds pretty damn racist dude. But....just because someone is answering the phone in the US, doesn't mean they won't have a foreign accent.:rolleyes:
When did he say anything about US citizens having foreign accents? He specifically talked about call centers OUTSIDE of the US and the problem it creates.

It has nothing to do with racism, it has to do with knowledge and communication. Those in other countries are not as knowledgeable as those in this country when it comes to service in this country. And when one is communicating with someone from another country in which English is their second language, it does make communication much more difficult.

Please stop throwing around "racists" claims when they do not exists. You end up making demeaning the word

When did he say anything about US citizens having foreign accents? He specifically talked about call centers OUTSIDE of the US and the problem it creates.

It has nothing to do with racism, it has to do with knowledge and communication. Those in other countries are not as knowledgeable as those in this country when it comes to service in this country. And when one is communicating with someone from another country in which English is their second language, it does make communication much more difficult.

Please stop throwing around "racists" claims when they do not exists. You end up making demeaning the word

So true...

I had to replace a 'special' dvd drive in a Dell at work the other day. I was swamped with work, so I gave my boss' assistant the service tag number and told her to call them, give them this number, and tell them to send you the same drive.

I saw her on the phone 45 minutes later... She later told me that it took her almost an hour and the person could not understand her and kept trying to sell her a better drive. She was in an India call center and had to get a supervisor, who STILL could barely understand her.

That is a sad level of customer service... And for the record, I don't blame the call center in India... They are trying to work and support their families. I blame stupid companies like Dish & Dell that think saving those bucks helps keep their customers happy. I wish Charlie would go on 'Undercover Boss'.

Dell has a 'premium' support you can pay for on servers, etc... Guess what it does? It guarantees you an American call center. Since when did I have to pay extra to speak to someone in my own country?

OH... HAPPY EASTER everyone!

THey could at least put all RSN's in Widescreen SD. That would at least eliminate the black bars. I dont get why they cant do that for all SD channels anyway. 4:3 is clearly in the past. 16:9 is the future, HD or SD doesn't matter.

THey could at least put all RSN's in Widescreen SD. That would at least eliminate the black bars. I dont get why they cant do that for all SD channels anyway. 4:3 is clearly in the past. 16:9 is the future, HD or SD doesn't matter.

No - that would only make things worse. :what

If you want to stretch your picture, then use your TV's functionality to do it. But, if they are going to make us suffer through SD sports, at least keep the aspect ratio correct.

Honestly I feel they have gone backwards on this one. Last year during the NHL playoffs I was able to see some of the pre-game and most of the post-game discussions on FSN in HD. Now the window for viewing the game is just that, the start of the game and not much after.

What was great is our pre-game show was on NHL network recently and it was HD and all I could see was the SD channel from FSN.

I wont deny it would be a cheat but I dont think so for the same reasons your talking about. If I want to stretch the picture I'll do that with a remote. I'm talking broadcast 16:9 (not stretched) in SD. Plenty of Local News places are cheating HD News for there views by going to 16:9 SD. Very much like an Enhanced DVD.

Little confused on why the Tiger game today is not in HD, only because on the guide on the HD channel it lists the Tiger/Royals game, usually when a game is not in HD it just says Fox Detroit HD, could be that someone forgot to flip the switch

Update: Must have beem the case on the flip, Showing HD feed :)

So were 1-1 for HD on Dish network...lol

I'm starting to get pissed @ dish, I go to turn on the blues game last night on Fox Sports midwest with is my alternate regional RSN, is in in HD? Sure but not on dish! I have to suffer through 4:3 crapoloa! I go to look at Monday for my Whitesox opener. I dam well know is on in HD as every game is on in HD during the regular season, Is it on in hd? Not on dish! Edit: After an update of the guide, it appears that dish is indeed carrying the game in HD, but the point still stands, CUSTOMERS SHOULD NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT IF THEIR GAME IS ON IN HD OR NOT!

Now, why is it that dish is anti sports? Being anti sports and anti baseball, dish is Anti American because Baseball is America's Past time! This ties into the constant outsourcing of American jobs to india! (http://www.ldnews.com/news/ci_14519394) not meeting the company's need is code for its costing us too much so were going to outsource it all together!

I give dish a challenge to have a 100 percent domestic call center system, and 0 percent foreign reps. Dish's constant anti american attitude has forced thousands of customers to miss out on sports programming that American customers would want! So, why not add HD rsn's in full time and add american value programming such as MLB extra innings! Ok, im off my soap box now! :up:D

I have dish but got rid of any idea of sports packages on their system.

Dish: Best Dvrs-Best movies packages

Direc-Sports, sports, sports!!!!

I watch all my sports on Direc...Lousy Dvr..best sports packages! Period!

The way I look at it is my RSN is suppose to be provided in my package (AEP) full time and I also pay the HD fees for my package. There for I should get my HDRSN in the package in full time as Im paying for it! This is gonna be a long year and a half! :) If dish added them full time, the bitching stops, and I move on speculation! :)

And while we are complaining. ESPN Gameplan in HD and every channel that is available in HD in the MultiSports package needs to be HD too. I HATE those crap looking college football games!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts