Dish WILL carry Wrestlemania 30 (Updated)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well, I'll consider myself lucky being able to get WWE Network

Bad decision on Dish's part.Charlie is just annoyed at Vince for going over the top,really childish imo,I bet less than half of Dish customers are able to get hsi,and WWE Network.In the end,as usual,the customer loses.

I just don't see the appeal in WWE... I guess I picked the right company to get my TV from!

Every carrier new the WWE was going to start their own online programming, when those same carriers turned down adding them as a channel. I don't think it has anything to do with spite. The cost would be FAR more than the cost of a whole month of just getting it through the WWE. Even if I didn't have internet, paying that kind of money opposed to $10 makes no sense. And some states have "Blast Zones" - Bars/Restaurants that will be carrying it. To me the days of PPV for the WWE are waning.
This is the first Wrestlemania since the new network, I wonder how many carriers will have it after this one? I have somewhat followed the WWE through the years, so it isn't that I have no interest, it's the economics of PPV.

From their current site;
"What is the cost of WWE Pay-Per-View events?

The suggested retail price for all WWE Pay-Per-View events is $44.95 other than WrestleMania, which is priced at $59.95. However, some cable and satellite providers may apply additional fees for call-in orders or to watch the event in HD. Check with your local provider first before you order."

I just don't see the appeal in WWE... I guess I picked the right company to get my TV from!

Unless,and until,they drop something you might like.

The point still remains,what about customers in rural areas?Chances are they don't have fast internet,so if they enjoy wrestling they are sol.The biggest event of the year,that would be like missing the SB to some,the Daytona 500,or the World Series,to others.

And,I still say it is spite,we've seen it the past from Charlie,remember AMC?

Unless,and until,they drop something you might like. The point still remains,what about customers in rural areas?Chances are they don't have fast internet,so if they enjoy wrestling they are sol.The biggest event of the year,that would be like missing the SB to some,the Daytona 500,or the World Series,to others. And,I still say it is spite,we've seen it the past from Charlie,remember AMC?
Sorry, you can't compare WWE to a true sporting event.not to mention that none of the other events you compared it to use the PPV model.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Sorry, I certainly can, and will.You obviosuly don't know how passionate some wrestling fans are.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

.........The point still remains,what about customers in rural areas?Chances are they don't have fast internet,so if they enjoy wrestling they are sol.The biggest event of the year,that would be like missing the SB to some,the Daytona 500,or the World Series,to others.................

I couldnt agree more. The shift to IPTV "over the top" services, in essence al-a-carte TV viewing, is a real problem for those in rural areas with no relatively inexpensive, high-bandwidth Internet service available to them. I already subscribe to NHL Gamecenter over NHL CI because of the portability and availability on multiple devices. I dont watch any IPTV services at my cottage because of data caps on the 4G service I have there. I dont see that changing for some time.

Last edited:
Sorry, I certainly can, and will.You obviosuly don't know how passionate some wrestling fans are. Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
Then compare it to season finales of the most popular scripted programming. WWE is not a sport and shouldn't be compared to sporting events.

Then compare it to season finales of the most popular scripted programming. WWE is not a sport and shouldn't be compared to sporting events.

I don't know of any bookies accepting bets on LOST or Breaking Bad finales but they do accept bets for WWE Events in the same fashion they would NFL games.

WWE had to admit that they were not a legit sport but entertainment
Like in other professional wrestling promotions, WWE shows are not legitimate sporting contests, but purely entertainment-based, featuring storyline-driven, scripted and choreographed matches, though they often include moves that can put performers at risk of injury if not performed correctly. WWE first acknowledged this publicly in 1981, breaking the gentlemen's agreement that previously existed among promoters.

Sorry, you can't compare WWE to a true sporting event.not to mention that none of the other events you compared it to use the PPV model.

I think Vince calls it "sports entertainment", don't ever recall him calling it a true sporting event.

Last edited:
I couldnt agree more. The shift to IPTV "over the top" services, in essence al-a-carte TV viewing, is a real problem for those in rural areas with no relatively inexpensive, high-bandwidth Internet service available to them. I already subscribe to NHL Gamecenter over NHL CI because of the portability and availability on multiple devices. I do watch any IPTV services at my cottage because of data caps on the 4G service I have there. I dont see that changing for some time.

You choose to live in an area that there is no internet or little internet service.. Deal with it or move to a bigger city that can provide fiber or cable services. No one forces you to live there. If you want better service, then move to an area that provides it!

Unless,and until,they drop something you might like.

The point still remains,what about customers in rural areas?Chances are they don't have fast internet,so if they enjoy wrestling they are sol.The biggest event of the year,that would be like missing the SB to some,the Daytona 500,or the World Series,to others.

And,I still say it is spite,we've seen it the past from Charlie,remember AMC?
I live in a rural area and I can get WWE Network(DSL, best down is 3.1mbps). Runs fine as does Netflix,Hulu +,and all the other Roku 116 channels subscribe to.

Last edited:
I live in a rural area and I can get WWE Network(DSL, best down is 3.1mbps). Runs fine as does Netflix,Hulu +,and all the other Roku 116 channels subscribe to.

SHHH! You are providing a big smackdown, pile driver, tombstone stunner, figure four leg lock... to the main basis of his argument!!! ;)

Guys it's no secret wrestling is fake. He'll before each show in the WWE Network is shown you see the filling disclaimer. ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1395423505.495526.jpg

What is the point of some of the comments in this thread? The op was just making wrestling FANS aware that dish is not carrying wrestlemania. Why even click on this thread, let alone comment on it if you are not a fan

What is the point of some of the comments in this thread? The op was just making wrestling FANS aware that dish is not carrying wrestlemania. Why even click on this thread, let alone comment on it if you are not a fan Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
If that was directed at me: Who said I wasn't a fan? I used to love it when I was younger. I just question the comparison to non-PPV nationally broadcast sporting events.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

VIP 722 - external hard drive

VIP612 trouble

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)