Dish wiring

regeach

Original poster
Sep 9, 2009
Mi
I have a Dish 1000.2 w/3LNB. I know I can run three cables from the LNB and send one to each TV reciever. My question is; can I run one cable directly to a TV reciever, and the other two to a dish pro splitter and and run three to four cables out to additional tv"s. Thanks!

You must run the cables to one of three Dish receivers. You can not connect directly to a TV.

If you use an external switch, all three LNB cables first must go to the switch and then from the switch to the receivers. The 1000.2 has a built-in DPP43 switch which is why three receivers can be fed directly from the antenna with one cable from each port. Once you decide to use an external switch for additional receivers, the internal switch is bypassed; all three lines from the 1000.2 must run from the LNB ports to the switch to input the 1000.2 orbitals and then lines run from the external switch to the receivers.

Thanks, great help. Are there switches that can be mounted near the dish and are weather resistant

They are all weatherproof, to my knowledge. If you want to feed more than 3 receivers, then you're talking a DPP44 (which is rather pricey).

about $149-199 for a DPP44, but it's the only one that will tell your 1k2 not to use the internal switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)