Dish won't enable DVR conversion on my 411

ctajbm

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
Not sure if this has been covered already. If so my apologies. Anyway Dish Network would not enable the DVR conversion feature on my 411 receiver. I have the latest software, have an external drive connected that has passed the certification test but they told me they were only enabling the feature on the ViP211 and ViP211k receivers. I don't really understand this since the 411 is a ViP211 less the Ethernet adapter. Has anyone else had the same experience?

Not sure if this has been covered already. If so my apologies. Anyway Dish Network would not enable the DVR conversion feature on my 411 receiver. I have the latest software, have an external drive connected that has passed the certification test but they told me they were only enabling the feature on the ViP211 and ViP211k receivers. I don't really understand this since the 411 is a ViP211 less the Ethernet adapter. Has anyone else had the same experience?

From what I was told by Dish, and what a few others have said on the forum, is that the 411 is capable of the EHD DVR function. Before the service was active, I inquired with Dish about the 411 as I have a 211 and a 411. I only have my 211 set up right now. They told me the 211, 211k and 411 would all be able to receive the service. A few other 411 owners have said that Dish told them that their computer system wasn't set up yet to activate the 411. Not sure why, but that's what they were told. So I hate to say it, but......."soon"? Let's hope so. Let us know if you get anywhere with your 411.

ctajbm,

I have been on the phone with Tech Services for a few days regarding the 411. I have written about it on a few other of the threads.

It WILL be able to have the EHD connected to it, but, as was stated, it is not "in their system" yet. The techs know about this, but the Customer Services Department seems to have no idea of what is going on. They barely know that the 411's exist.

You can do what I did and write to ceo@echostar.com and let them know your concerns. I am hoping that the more of us who write, the more it is kept in the front of their minds.

Same experience here. Not yet, but SOON. (And the tech said the 222 was also in the SOON line.)

Go for it now !

From what I was told by Dish, and what a few others have said on the forum, is that the 411 is capable of the EHD DVR function. Before the service was active, I inquired with Dish about the 411 as I have a 211 and a 411. I only have my 211 set up right now. They told me the 211, 211k and 411 would all be able to receive the service. A few other 411 owners have said that Dish told them that their computer system wasn't set up yet to activate the 411. Not sure why, but that's what they were told. So I hate to say it, but......."soon"? Let's hope so. Let us know if you get anywhere with your 411.
You must ;) activate EHD for your 211 as they doing that for whole account; then connect the formatted/working EHD from 211 to 411 and you'll set.
For start you could check under Counters a Household Key - it should be same for activated 211 and 'sleeping' 411.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)