Dish Won't Upgrade to 2 DVR's??

usskywatch

Original poster
Oct 22, 2005
Hello Everyone,
I have been a Dish Network subscriber for a little over a year and always paid my montly bill on-time or early. I have two 322 receivers operating four TV's. 1 322 for two tv's and another 322 for the other two tv's. I called a CSR at Dish Network yesterday asking for an updrade to two DVR's to replace my 322's. She said I couldn't do that because they don't make dual tuner DVR's so that wouldn't work with current setup. ?? She said I could only get one DVR and I would have to pay full price for it. What is going on here?? This doesn't sound right, does it??? Why can't I have two DVR's to replace my two 322's? If someone could provide me with some info, I would greatly appreciate it. Is dish giving me the runaround and lying to me or what? Why do they take care of New Subscribers and give nothing to the loyal current subscribers?

Thanks for any help or suggestions!
Scott Ulbrich
Chicago, IL. 60804

dish will not pay for them since you are an existing customer. you would have to buy them your self. check out dishstore for the best price if you deceide to upgrade.

and buy the way, welcome to the site. glad you are here.

Ok you are already a customer. E* just gave you a system a little over a year ago. At that time you could have gotten a 522 instead of your second 322. You must have decided you did not want that.

Now you want to upgrade your equipment ,and I guess that you don't feel you should have to pay anything either. Well E* has not even made any money off you as a customer yet, with the equipment you have. So no they are not going to give you new equipment now.

It is true that new DHA customers can get two 625's now. That is a recent change. As an existing customer you are going to have to buy them.

Try again, csr was wrong.

You should be eligible for a 625, from your original dealer, under dish it up.
We do them all the time.

I have a 942 and a 625, both of them are dual tuner DVRs and they are both leased. Of course, I got these when I signed up as a new Dish subscriber. I haven't yet experienced the joy of Dish Customer Service to change out any of my equipment. When the 962's become available, at the very least I will want to trade in my 625 and get the 962. Even better would be to trade in both of my existing boxes to get 2 of the new HD DVR boxes. We shall see what happens. :cool:

Dave nye said:
Ok you are already a customer. E* just gave you a system a little over a year ago. At that time you could have gotten a 522 instead of your second 322. You must have decided you did not want that.

Now you want to upgrade your equipment ,and I guess that you don't feel you should have to pay anything either. Well E* has not even made any money off you as a customer yet, with the equipment you have. So no they are not going to give you new equipment now.

It is true that new DHA customers can get two 625's now. That is a recent change. As an existing customer you are going to have to buy them.

Can retailers give a system using 2 leased 625's under DHA? I was told that they could not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)