DISH WRONGFULLY HAD MY EBAY LISTING REMOVED ANY DISH REPS HERE?

I actually had it sold. The buyer called Dish and they told them it was clear and it could be activated. Someone at Vero just plain screwed up. No Dish for me unless Dish gets this Ebay warning removed.

Over the past several years, I've deactivated and sold several receivers using ebay, and never had to have them removed from my account.

I haven't sold but 2 or 3 over the years and never encountered that problem either.I wonder if its a newer policy?

My account online didn't have that receiver on my equipment list, only the one that I was using.
That doesn't matter, as I said. It is still attached to your account, even though it isn't activated.

You need to contact them, and request that it is completely removed and cleared from your account. Capisce?

They pull this same crap with my listings also.

Someone at Dish has this crappy job where they got to monitor eBay listings, and if they ain't pulling listings it looks like they not doing their job.

List it on a Friday night on a 3 day auction with a buy it now.

Apparently the person who monitors eBay doesn't work nights, weekends and holidays.

The best part is if they catch the listing after you already sold the item and collected the money they refund all the fees from the auction :)

I had a lot of Dish500 dishes (not receivers, actual dishes) that they pulled because I had a picture if the dish showing the dish network logo.

After selling over $1000 in dishes and after I got the money in my Paypal account and shipped everything out, they had my auction pulled.

eBay refunded about $60 in final value and insertion fees :)

How stupid can they be?

Last edited:
...had the same thing happen to me a few months back with a 501 & 508 receiver. The e-mail said I was not allowed to sell the smart card because it remained property of Dish. I contacted Dish and they said that, for the receivers to work, I would need to sell the cards with the receiver.

Dish has apparently hired some company to do nothing but scour the internet looking for pirates like us out there trying to sell our own property. I suppose Ford could say, 'the cylinders in the engine remain property of Ford'... and then you would have no legal right to sell your car after it was paid for.

Dish can't activate 501s and 508s anymore so that makes more sense that they wouldn't want it sold.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Dish can't activate 501s and 508s anymore so that makes more sense that they wouldn't want it sold.

absolutely true. anyone buying a 301/501 is being ripped off, they will never be able to use it. it did not occur to me that the OP might be trying to sell one of these.

That doesn't matter, as I said. It is still attached to your account, even though it isn't activated.

You need to contact them, and request that it is completely removed and cleared from your account. Capisce?
The buyer called Dish and told them it was cleared and could be activated. Dish said the same thing to me when I called from my cell phone not on my account and pretended to be a non customer. Certainly sounds like it from the reps that it wasn't on my account.

Just checked Ebay. 501s and 508s have been sold as far back as October 2012. So where is Dish Vero on this?

it did not occur to me that the OP might be trying to sell one of these.
He's very likely NOT trying to sell an obsolete receiver based on the explanation he got from Dish Vero. It stated the receivers were still "linked" to his account and a buyer wouldn't be able to activate them.

ZachS is looking into it.

Hi, Was this resolved? I'm facing the same situation. They reported my listing to ebay. All I did was list an old owned receiver that I owned and had deactivated. The CSR on the phone told me it was ok to sell. It was sitting around for a while and I just wanted to clear out my garage.

I don't even want to sell the receiver anymore after this. I'll just dispose of it properly.

However, I would like to have the VERO removed. Did the OP have any luck with this?

I was thinking it might be heading towards obsolete but that doesn't appear to be the case. On a side note, this person has to be selling drugs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 276
Reactions: Mike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)