DISH WRONGFULLY HAD MY EBAY LISTING REMOVED ANY DISH REPS HERE?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'm wondering what the next step is. Honestly, I don't have time for this. Should I just forget about it? Do I NEED to file a counter notice thing or is that only if you want to relist? I think I'm done with the auction site after this incident. I did nothing wrong. What did the others on this thread do when their auctions were removed?

I had a dish satellite receiver for sale on Ebay. I had purchased it new and no balance was owed and it was removed from my account. Ebay pulled it for Vero reasons. I emailed the Dish Vero and received this response;

They pull this same crap with my listings also.

Someone at Dish has this crappy job where they got to monitor eBay listings, and if they ain't pulling listings it looks like they not doing their job.

List it on a Friday night on a 3 day auction with a buy it now.

Apparently the person who monitors eBay doesn't work nights, weekends and holidays.

The best part is if they catch the listing after you already sold the item and collected the money they refund all the fees from the auction :)

I had a lot of Dish500 dishes (not receivers, actual dishes) that they pulled because I had a picture if the dish showing the dish network logo.

After selling over $1000 in dishes and after I got the money in my Paypal account and shipped everything out, they had my auction pulled.

eBay refunded about $60 in final value and insertion fees :)

How stupid can they be?

...had the same thing happen to me a few months back with a 501 & 508 receiver. The e-mail said I was not allowed to sell the smart card because it remained property of Dish. I contacted Dish and they said that, for the receivers to work, I would need to sell the cards with the receiver.

Dish has apparently hired some company to do nothing but scour the internet looking for pirates like us out there trying to sell our own property. I suppose Ford could say, 'the cylinders in the engine remain property of Ford'... and then you would have no legal right to sell your car after it was paid for.

Hi, Was this resolved? I'm facing the same situation. They reported my listing to ebay. All I did was list an old owned receiver that I owned and had deactivated. The CSR on the phone told me it was ok to sell. It was sitting around for a while and I just wanted to clear out my garage.

I don't even want to sell the receiver anymore after this. I'll just dispose of it properly.

However, I would like to have the VERO removed. Did the OP have any luck with this?

You guys should all contact EBAY VERO directly and report the DISH Network account for abuse. VERO is Ebay's Verified Rights Owner program and is for the enforcement of Intellectual Property rights which is trademark and copyright. The intent of the Ebay VERO program is that a rights owner can quickly get illegally used copyrighted images and text removed from listings or get clones/counterfeits off ebay that violate their trademark.

Unfortunately a VERO member can abuse their status as Ebay will remove anything reported by a VERO member, legit or not.

VERO is not for removing listings that might violate a company's terms of service, (a private contract beyond the scope of Ebay) distribution agreements, or even something like stolen property.

For Claude Greiner having a picture of something with the DISH logo is absolutely NOT illegal or against Ebay TOS, nor does it violate DISH trademark. You have the right to take a picture of a DISH Network dish or anything else and use it to represent that item for sale. Same with if you are selling a Ford or a Sony TV. Those guys can't go after you for putting up a picture of your car for sale just because there is a Ford logo on the car. Now if you use their picture or someone else's picture it is a copyright violation for the picture iteself, but using your own is not.

Again, someone in control of the DISH VERO account is abusing it and you guys need to report this to Ebay VERO for there to be any chance of having bad marks removed and stopping future abuse.

Weren't those posts from 2 years ago? Also, I have a friend that is in charge of the PayPal fraud verification team(the way she describes what she does it sounds like what you are talking about), and they side with the company almost every time. Good luck in your endeavors though.

T134,

Your absolutely correct. In my case they gave me my listing fees back after I had already sold the product, so I really didn't see a need to fight them.

I ended up just re listing the item just like I do with any other listing they decide to pull.

The argument that the smart card is property of Dish doesn't hold water for the simple fact that they should then ask for the card to be returned whenever a receiver is deactivated.

The fact they don't enforce the policy, and historically made the card stay with the receiver, means it's really not property of Dish or nagrastar or whoever the idiots are in charge of their security.

Speaking of smart card security, instead of taking it out on the average consumer trying to sell their owned equipment, here is a Novel concept.

SECURE YOUR FRICKEN SYSTEM

If Dish could only secure their system like Directv, then there would be no need for them to have to monitor ebay listings and other sites selling pirate software or equipment.

Seriously, what a bunch of morons. If you can't pirate or hack the system, then all the equipment being sold online can only be used for legal purposes. Meanwhile since their system ISN'T secure, everyone selling their gear on ebay must be selling it for hacking purposes.

I sold my 722k on ebay no problem. A few months back. I also had it list on SG classifieds but it sold on ebay.

I was mad at Ebay at the time I was selling my 311 (and my 501) and sold them on Amazon for a decent price. The only issue I had was the title in the 501 listing said "HD". My buyer was understandably miffed and rated me poorly. :crying I tried 4 different ploys to get Amazon to fix that title, including URLs to the receiver specs on Dish's website, but they never did so. Apparently they think their listings were immaculately conceived.

I was mad at Ebay at the time I was selling my 311 (and my 501) and sold them on Amazon for a decent price. The only issue I had was the title in the 501 listing said "HD". My buyer was understandably miffed and rated me poorly. :crying I tried 4 different ploys to get Amazon to fix that title, including URLs to the receiver specs on Dish's website, but they never did so. Apparently they think their listings were immaculately conceived.

I used to sell on Amazon (all kinds of stuff, some of it in bulk, but not DISH receivers) and ran into this problem all the time. The only solution that worked 100% of the time was to just create a new listing on Amazon. Some seller accounts could do this, for some reason, without paying the $20/mo or whatever it is to Amazon (I paid this sporadically, also being a primarily eBay vendor). Sometimes - arbitrarily, you had to specify a UPC code for the new listing - and it had to be "virgin". So I bought a package of 20 barcodes for $10 or something like that. For good measure I printed them out onto sticker sheets and affixed them to inventory, keeping track of which barcode went to which product. All of this was to avoid having to sell using a mis-represented listing.

Reactions: TheKrell
I sold my 722k on ebay no problem. A few months back. I also had it list on SG classifieds but it sold on ebay.

I've never problems before selling other items on there. I'm blindsided by this. No idea why this happened. Neither party (the auction site or the satellite company) has given an explanation yet.

I paid for the receiver outright and wanted to get a little bit back. I called to remove it from my account and they said I was free to sell it.

It sounds like DISH is off base on this and seems like they arbitrarily make the decision to complain. They have no legal grounds at all to deny the use of their trademarked name when selling an authentic item made by them and owned by you. And it appears no legal right to deny selling a DISH receiver you own if it has been deactivated.
There is one aspect I do understand. Since they allow receivers to be deactivated if you own it, to be activated again at anytime by you there may be a grain of truth that DISH would like confirmation to disassociate the receiver from your account though I don't think they always follow that rule. It would be difficult because someone would need your account info, but I suppose if stolen someone could add it back to your account and run up a bill.

But no matter how wrong DISH is they did not remove the listing only EBAY can do that. Sounds like EBAY just goes on what the company in this case DISH says. They may have the right to delist items at their own discretion and most likely feel that unless there is a clear understanding of the legality they are taking the easiest route and taking down any listings. To be fair they can't know the agreements of every company who owns everything sold on EBAY. If DISH tells them it is an illegal sale I don't see that EBAY is going to do a full investigation each time.

Reactions: ChadT41
I had the same garbage when I tried to sell some old receivers (purchased). Apparently DISH owns the smart card. You can't sell the smart card because it 'belongs' to Dish. When I called Dish and asked them how am I supposed to sell the receiver because it won't work without the card. They didn't have an answer (that they were willing to say over the phone).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts