Dish you lost a NEW customer.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
So I go to activate my old 510 so I can get the new spiffy dish earth channel, call up coustomer service, got the phillipeans, explained to them that I wanted to restablish my service and I have moved. Give them the R00 number of my reciver, and then the guy goes on and explains that I can only sub to my locals because I have a DTV pal. Wait what does a DTV pal have to do with dish network service??? Nothing... I explain to him that I want dish network service not dtv pal. He just didnt get it.

Asked to be transfered to america... Puts me on hold, I hang up..

Call again, phillipeans again... I hang up..

Called again, Phillipeans a third time.. I hang up again..

Called tech support..

Got some lady from the us. Thank god. Explain that I wanted to reactivate my service, and give the roo number to them. They find my old account but apparently its too old to reactivate it. On top of it when I ordered my DTV pal's they created a brand new account that show's active even when there is no active service.

So they try to activate the 510 on the new account. They get it moved over but then they get stuck as the system wants them to put in an Eastern arch dish on a legacy equipment. WTF guys why cant you just hit the activation button and activate it allready, Dish is up on western arch and I have signal and am good to go!. Apparently they cant do that.. So they are talking about rebuilding my account as its allready 10pm. She wants to have someone call me back in an hour when they are done. Your kidding right? that would make it around 11 pm. Sorry, but Ill stick with my current provider.

Dish how can you say that you are willing to serously change when you cant even do a simple activation for a coustomer. Come on now!

So I go to activate my old 510 so I can get the new spiffy dish earth channel, call up coustomer service, got the phillipeans, explained to them that I wanted to restablish my service and I have moved. Give them the R00 number of my reciver, and then the guy goes on and explains that I can only sub to my locals because I have a DTV pal. Wait what does a DTV pal have to do with dish network service??? Nothing... I explain to him that I want dish network service not dtv pal. He just didnt get it.

Called tech support..

Got some lady from the us. Thank god. Explain that I wanted to reactivate my service, and give the roo number to them. They find my old account but apparently its too old to reactivate it. On top of it when I ordered my DTV pal's they created a brand new account that show's active even when there is no active service.

So they try to activate the 510 on the new account. They get it moved over but then they get stuck as the system wants them to put in an Eastern arch dish on a legacy equipment. WTF guys why cant you just hit the activation button and activate it allready, Dish is up on western arch and I have signal and am good to go!. Apparently they cant do that.. So they are talking about rebuilding my account as its allready 10pm. She wants to have someone call me back in an hour when they are done. Your kidding right? that would make it around 11 pm. Sorry, but Ill stick with my current provider.

Dish how can you say that you are willing to serously change when you cant even do a simple activation for a coustomer. Come on now!
Could this be a reason why Dish is bleeding subs at such an alarming rate.

Dish Network (aka EchoStar) now ticking-off Slingbox Customers

Called tech support..

I use to have Dish Network service, but I too ordered a DTV Pal or two after I left Dish Network. They create a new account, but in the process they managed to create at least a dozen duplicate accounts under my name. I know this because I called to check on possibly reactivating my old Dish Network account while I was staying at my Virginia home. Needless to say, they offered me nothing to re-gain my business and they were unable to reactivate my account because if I wanted service because there were so many of them in the system.

Likewise, now that EchoStar has control of Sling Media the bastards (I cannot think of a nicer name) downgrade my SlingBox Classic (reduced its supported devices) to the point where I would have to buy a Sling PRO HD to continue using my Sony HD DVR that I had been using for more than 2-years...and they don't even want to talk to me unless I pay them $30 for a support call because my unit it out of warranty.

Hmmm....they break my Slingbox Classic with their firmware-->tell me I can pay $250 to buy a new Sling unit to support the unit I have been controling with my Classic for more than 2-years-->and they won't answer any questions until I pay them $30 for a support call. Yep, EchoStar is now killing Sling Media. As far as I am concerned, Dish Network can continue losing customers, I hope Tivo/Judge turns off their DVRs, I hope VOOM wins a billion-dollar judgment, and I hope the 922 catches fire (much like the proverbial Pinto) and burns down millions of their customers homes.

OK, perhaps I have gone just a little too far now. But I don't like anyone pissing in my wheaties .:rolleyes:

Sounds like some of the issues I had trying to activate units. If I had a legacy receiver they said there was an issue activating it so I had to talk to someone high up and get transferred three or four times and wait on hold for like 30 or 40 minutes before they finally overode the system requirement to have DP / DPP equipment and all that jazz. I guess the simplest way to do it is to tell them you got legacy adapter or activate a DP unit with it as well telling them that since you have a DPP setup that you didnt need the adapter then later on deactivate the DP receiver (only need receiver and smart card number and dont need to hook one up if someone had a spare). As cheap as DP receivers are now you might as well just buy a good used one and be done with it so that you don't have them aggervating you about it.

It must be one of those requirements where all new activations have MPEG-4 in particular markets requiring the EA dish. I still thought that they would activate MPEG-2 equipment if someone was activating used equipment and was able to get the locals on 129 (for those markets that have locals on 129 and 77).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts