DishAnywhere app no audio w/ lightning adapter

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ppeterson99

Original poster
Nov 22, 2022
california
My DishAnywhere app works fine stand alone from my iPhone 14 (Dish Anywhere version 22.3.60 build 36771). It also works fine stand alone from my iPad. Watching live TV, watching DVR, etc. All good.

But when I use the Dish Anywhere app and connect either my iPhone or iPad via a Lightning to HDMI adapter to my TV set HDMI input, the video plays but the audio is silent. This is specific to the Dish Anywhere app as I can stream all other apps (Netflix, AppleTV, Amazon) to my TV with the exact same setup from iPhone or iPad without issue. This occurs when I am attempting to play recorded content off my DVR via my Dish Anywhere app or watch live TV from the app.

I’ve closed and opened the app many times (on both iPhone and iPad), reinstalled the app and reset my DVR as well. I’ve verified I have the most recent version of the Dish Anywhere app. And I’ve, over and over again, kept the exact same set up with the app on iPhone or iPad and been able to stream other app content to my TV without issue. So I know it’s not a cable issue, “TV on mute” issue, etc. I used to be able to get video and audio with this setup but it's stopped working.

My DishAnywhere app works fine stand alone from my iPhone 14 (Dish Anywhere version 22.3.60 build 36771). It also works fine stand alone from my iPad. Watching live TV, watching DVR, etc. All good.

But when I use the Dish Anywhere app and connect either my iPhone or iPad via a Lightning to HDMI adapter to my TV set HDMI input, the video plays but the audio is silent. This is specific to the Dish Anywhere app as I can stream all other apps (Netflix, AppleTV, Amazon) to my TV with the exact same setup from iPhone or iPad without issue. This occurs when I am attempting to play recorded content off my DVR via my Dish Anywhere app or watch live TV from the app.

I’ve closed and opened the app many times (on both iPhone and iPad), reinstalled the app and reset my DVR as well. I’ve verified I have the most recent version of the Dish Anywhere app. And I’ve, over and over again, kept the exact same set up with the app on iPhone or iPad and been able to stream other app content to my TV without issue. So I know it’s not a cable issue, “TV on mute” issue, etc. I used to be able to get video and audio with this setup but it's stopped working.
Hi, ppeterson99. Thank you for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing with the DISH Anywhere app when using the HDMI lightning adapter. This issue has been reported to our Engineering Team, and they were able to take a further look into this. However, a fix will not be released for this issue as it is by design. We do hope that you continue to enjoy the DISH Anywhere app as a stand-alone from your iPhone and iPad, and if you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to reach back out!