Dishanywhere.com My Recordings and Time Wrong

lviperz

Original poster
Sep 17, 2015
Indiana
I recently had Dish installed back on 9/12/2015. From reading these forums I waited 4 days before I tried dishanywhere.com to make sure I was past the suggested 72 hour wait.

I log in and the guide is 1 hour early and My Recordings under DVR shows a bunch of recordings that aren't mine. I chatted with support and they had me clear my cache and cookies but I still have the problem. I was then told this is a known issue and she reported my problem.

Is there anything else I can do to solve this or do I just wait it out? I've tried this from home and work as well as IE11 and the latest firefox. I can watch live tv and my actual recordings. The recordings that aren't mine just bring up live tv if I try to watch them. I also can't delete them.

However, the android app works just fine on both my phone and tablet.

I've seen something similar to this. Times on recordings are off by 2 hours, like it's using Mountain Time by default (hmm). Also, occasionally a recorded title will show a different name than it actually is, but if you click on the details of the recording, the proper title is shown.

I recently had Dish installed back on 9/12/2015. From reading these forums I waited 4 days before I tried dishanywhere.com to make sure I was past the suggested 72 hour wait.

I log in and the guide is 1 hour early and My Recordings under DVR shows a bunch of recordings that aren't mine. I chatted with support and they had me clear my cache and cookies but I still have the problem. I was then told this is a known issue and she reported my problem.

Is there anything else I can do to solve this or do I just wait it out? I've tried this from home and work as well as IE11 and the latest firefox. I can watch live tv and my actual recordings. The recordings that aren't mine just bring up live tv if I try to watch them. I also can't delete them.

However, the android app works just fine on both my phone and tablet.
I'm having the similar problems with a replacement Hopper installed 5 days ago.

Two days ago, I could not even watch live TV. That problem has corrected itself.

The DVR listing shows programs I've never recorded, including PrimeTimeAnytime which I do not use.

The guide is missing channels I subscribe to and the locals are for Dallas-Ft Worth, not Sacramento.

A program recorded this morning has yesterday's date.

The DishAnywhere app on my iPhone works fine and shows all the correct information.

I actually see a few dozen different shows recorded with most of them showing several episodes recorded. I looked at a few of them and it shows they were last recorded anywhere from several months ago to maybe a year or more ago. Heck, many of them show that I've watched them already. I actually have less than a dozen recordings and I can watch them via dishanywhere.com, but the others I can't delete or watch.

As a guess, someone had the the Hopper before, possibly now a cancelled account, and their recordings and timers are still in cyberspace tied to that Hopper. They can't be deleted because they don't really physically exist.

I actually asked support about that while chatting and she said the My Recordings issue is related to the Time issue. Guess it's possible but who knows.

As a guess, someone had the the Hopper before, possibly now a cancelled account, and their recordings and timers are still in cyberspace tied to that Hopper. They can't be deleted because they don't really physically exist.
Yes, that's my guess as well. I'll bet DishAnywhere.com caches information that is not purged when a receiver is removed from an account. The DishAnywhere apps on phones/tablets most likely use a different mechanism than web browsers which is why their information is correct.

Yes, that's my guess as well. I'll bet DishAnywhere.com caches information that is not purged when a receiver is removed from an account. The DishAnywhere apps on phones/tablets most likely use a different mechanism than web browsers which is why their information is correct.

It's possible but I watched the install tech open what looked like a new box. However, I guess it could have been a refurb/recycled unit sealed in a box.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts