DishAnywhere mobile app totally useless lately?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
That is exactly what I see I just upgraded from h2k to hws 2 months agon, I just checked the anywhere plugin on windows 7 and is also working fine

Am having the same issue

Same issue but mine was bcos i swap my HWS.... was having some issue with it. Got a new HWS with a different receiver#.... my dish anywhere app still has the previous receiver#... and cant pick up the new receiver# on my account.... on my PC dish anywhere works fine bcos that has the new receiver#.... called dish, they told me they will have engineers take a look at it.... what can i do to get this working.... anything will be helpful bcos am always on the road. THANKS

Did you try deleting the app and reinstalling? Maybe try rebooting the Hopper and resetting the broadband connection and/or sending status? It sounds like the app cache is old or something isn't updating on the app side.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Did you try deleting the app and reinstalling? Maybe try rebooting the Hopper and resetting the broadband connection and/or sending status? It sounds like the app cache is old or something isn't updating on the app side.

Yes, I've tried all of that. Any idea how does the app gets the receiver numbers? Dish Explorer and the sling plug-ins both show the correct ones.

Also tried all of that. The only thing that does not work is the iPad anywhere app both iPad explorer app and the windows anywhere app work. That makes it very unlikely that is is some other than defective code in the iPad anywhere app

Anyone else seeing this problem other than those already in this thread? I've PM'd two DIRT members and have had no response. Reviews of the latest version in the App Store seem to indicate we are not alone. Again, the app continues to show my OLD H2K receiver - not my current HWS receiver (which was correctly shown in the previous version and which is correctly shown in the Explorer app). Very frustrating to say the least.

Same issue but mine was bcos i swap my HWS.... was having some issue with it. Got a new HWS with a different receiver#.... my dish anywhere app still has the previous receiver#... and cant pick up the new receiver# on my account.... on my PC dish anywhere works fine bcos that has the new receiver#.... called dish, they told me they will have engineers take a look at it.... what can i do to get this working.... anything will be helpful bcos am always on the road. THANKS
I had a similar experience. My old HWS died and I just got my replacement today. The DishAnywhere app and the web DishAnywhere still show my old HWS (I know you said your web was OK). I did a brief online chat with Dish but pretty quickly got the pre-formatted "this is a known issue" message from them.

Can a member of the DIRT team provide an update and an ETA for a resolution to this issue?

This makes one of the most usefull features of the HWS useless for a lot of customers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Mother has been in hospital the last few days, and when I am there with iPad, Dishanywhere sees my receiver, recordings, etc. wireless speed is about 6 down and 5 up, speeds I have been successful with here and there. But, when I try to view something, it eventually tells me it can not connect to Hopper. Wondering if it could be something with the hospital network. It also won’t allow me to send an email.

Sounds like the hospital has you shut down..... Sounds like they put you in automatic airplane mode. Best wishes for your mom...

Sounds like the hospital has you shut down..... Sounds like they put you in automatic airplane mode. Best wishes for your mom...

Not totally...I'm talkin’ to you. ;)

And, thanks about Mom.

I had a similar experience. My old HWS died and I just got my replacement today. The DishAnywhere app and the web DishAnywhere still show my old HWS (I know you said your web was OK). I did a brief online chat with Dish but pretty quickly got the pre-formatted "this is a known issue" message from them.

Dish has apparently fixed this for me as it's working as of today. There was no app update or change in my receiver settings so apparently they fixed something in their backend which fixed it for me. I had actually submitted a comment via the iPad in-app comment feature indicating that I was having the problem. They emailed me back asking for my receiver software version and my username/password. I provided them with the software version and my username (but not the password because I don't give out that kind of info). Anyway, 2 days later, it's working. I'm happy again.

It has always taken a couple of days for all apps to be dl'd to a new Hopper. So it most ptrobably needs at least an over night reboot for DA to see the new Hopper.

It has always taken a couple of days for all apps to be dl'd to a new Hopper. So it most ptrobably needs at least an over night reboot for DA to see the new Hopper.

I am still having the issue on both my iPad and HTC One. I've also been told it's a known issue and they are working on a fix.

Still Not working

It's been 3 weeks since the recent update broke one the most useful features of the hopper family.

I just tried to access dishanywhere from my safari browser on IOS, knowing that I could not use it to stream video, I want to see if it could get the correct receiver list.

It gets the correct list and even lets you remotely reset the receiver.

So, Dish, when will you fix the App?

Why are you trying to access DA thru a browser. On my Ipod Touch, it's a stand alone app from the App Store, I'm watching a dvr'd recording on my Ipod right now.

Fixed?

Can some one, who was experiencing this problem, confirm that it has been fixed. I now seen both my original 2 H2K's and my current 2 current HWS. Both HWS are online and both H2K's are offline. I just tested them by watching live TV and the shows that I previously transferred are back and can viewed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts