Dishanywhere on Android tablet no on demand streaming media

I am using the Dishnetwork's app Dishanywhere which is written by them so I don't think it is a 3rd party app. and it does seem to take you to the dishanywhere website, or so it seems. In addition the Dish people say it is supposed to work and have admitted there is something wrong with the app to not work on all Android tablets.

Works fine on my HTC Android phone. I see an "On Demand" tab that brings up choices of "All" and "BB@Home".

This is with the app. Haven't tried with the phone's browser.

Works fine on my HTC Android phone. I see an "On Demand" tab that brings up choices of "All" and "BB@Home".

This is with the app. Haven't tried with the phone's browser.

I'm glad it works for someone, maybe there is hope for my tablet yet. I wonder if installing "jellybean" ROM would work?
Michael

Lucky86 asked if I had it. So I guess the answer is no. Which leads to the question do I need it for "DishAnywhere" app to work and show the streaming media that the PC Version does. Otherwise what else would I want it for to go to the trouble to find it? And the real reason for my post was to find out if Dish has fixed this app or am I owner of the only Android tablet that doesn't get what this application is supposed to do?
Michael

No. U r not the only one. My Toshiba Thrive w/ ICS won't play on demand on the app either. Gives some message about playback authentication not being received. It tells me to go to dish online and edit the list. But there is no list.

No. U r not the only one. My Toshiba Thrive w/ ICS won't play on demand on the app either. Gives some message about playback authentication not being received. It tells me to go to dish online and edit the list. But there is no list.

Well you get more than I do, as I cannot even see the on demand content!
Michael

Well, I deleted and reinstalled, which should have gotten anything new. The problem with doing that is logging in. The login screen doesn't display properly and I end up having to put the username & password in the same box with the username still present so the entries on top of each other. It took me days to figure it out when I first got the thing. The department of Health and Human services must have hired the same programmers as dish uses for the ACA website!
Michael

I still cannot get the choices available on a PC with Dish Anywhere on my phone or android tablets. My phone shows the same as JayStil with All or Blockbuster@Home, but there are only about 24 shows available, and none of the recent TV shows I have missed because my Hopper has been screwing up for about a week. My tablet also works just like JCBurk's with program choices displayed, but when selected, the message of no authentication to view or something like that is displayed.

I'm hoping someone came up with the answer about Widevine or something. Why is there a difference between watching shows on my pc versus my tablets? Why would one be acceptable to the content providers but not the other? These shows are already widely available when I'm watching them. What IS the reason for this; can anyone figure this out? Are all shows available to watch via i-something--phone, pad, etc.? This is purely frustrating!

Thanks. :eek:

I don't think it is a problem with the providers but rather the skill of the Dish programmers. Maybe they graduated from the same school as the programmers who set up the "healthcare.gov"!
Michael

Well,
Dish finally released an update to the android app and then I had the VOD. Seemed the problem wasn't with my Tablet as they tried to tell me. But then they pulled the app and replaced in with the old one. Now, I cannot complete the login process. It starts to login but then I get an error message "Technical Problem". I know the problem is NOT that I am using the wrong username and password I have verified that. I'm wondering if anyone else with a Generic Chinese Android tablet (like mine is) is having the same problem. What I learned from this is to turn off automatic upgrades and will research proposed updates before I let them happen.
Michael

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)