Dishcomm, ethernet, and the dual tuner $5 fee

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Character Zero

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
So I have posted in another thread that I am getting an install this weekend. To make this easier I will have one 1 tuner Hd box and one 2 tuner Hd box. Due to wiring issues I will only have ethernet available to the 1 tuner box. Both of the boxes should have Dishcomm connected. I know that some of the bradoband connection features don't translate over Dishcomm, but can I avoid the $5 fee with the Dishcomm. In summary its :

Ethernet->1 Tuner box->Dishcomm->2 tuner Box

Will this allow me to avoid the $5 charge for the second tuner, no phone lines connected to either box.

Edit : Also this is how it has to be without getting into specifics. The boxes cannot be swapped in this chain.

Last edited:
That is the setup that I have, but so far it hasn't been working for me. When I test the DishComm everything is set up, but I am still getting nailed with the $5.00 charge. The only thing I can think of is that the single tuner doesn't need to connect back to dish, so by default it doesn't call home and then that leads to the 2 tuner reciever not calling home. If you get it to work, I would like to know how you did it.

Well crap. I would rather not have the 2 tuner box than pay the $5. Of course if it all "looks" like it works, then the installer might close the order thinking its ok. I wonder if they can verify this before he leaves and closes the order. I could pay the extra $50 up front to have the 1st box be dual tuner (its a DVR) but its a waste to have DVR on a Tv I don't watch (hanging off the 2nd tuner).

So, I wonder if the installer can verify the $5 charge before he leaves and I am stuck with a charge if I want to change out the box. Unless I can set the dual tuner box up as a single tuner box and not get the charge if it shows up on the bill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)