DishCOMM

Hfivo

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
Connecticut
Is DishComm up and running? If so, what software release is necessary. I understand that two VIP 622's can be linked, but not sure how or if available at this time. Anyone with any information?

Apparently it does not like surge protectors and or UPS type devices. If you use them you may experience difficulty.

I do not show the option on my menu.... I understood that you went to option 6, option 1, option 8. I have no option 8. I have software version 3.66... do I need 4.01 for this to work? Thanks, Howard

I do not show the option on my menu.... I understood that you went to option 6, option 1, option 8. I have no option 8. I have software version 3.66... do I need 4.01 for this to work? Thanks, Howard

Yes you do need 4.01.

Once this feature will be enabled on the ViP211 with future sw roll out, would it be possible to connect the ViP622 to the 211 vie Ethernet over a home network, granted the Ethernet will also be enabled, and perhaps use the DVR from the 211?

DISHComm and names like it seem to be used for a lot of different things. But in this case it is justa way to have one 622 connected to a phone line but allow others to use it's phone connection to call out PPVs etc. Because it uses the home wiring they have a reasonable assurance that all of the receivers hooked up are at one address.

i do not believe that it is intended to use the net ---or even a LAN setup nor are they trying to allow you to share the DVR functionality with this.

DISHComm and names like it seem to be used for a lot of different things. But in this case it is justa way to have one 622 connected to a phone line but allow others to use it's phone connection to call out PPVs etc. Because it uses the home wiring they have a reasonable assurance that all of the receivers hooked up are at one address.

i do not believe that it is intended to use the net ---or even a LAN setup nor are they trying to allow you to share the DVR functionality with this.

thanx for the update.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)