DishDVR Advantage

capman

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 23, 2006
CA
I was currently subscribing to the DishHD Gold package w/2 premiums. If I don't do anything will dish change me to AT250 w/HD? Also, do I have to call to switch to the DVR Advantage? Thanks

I was currently subscribing to the DishHD Gold package w/2 premiums. If I don't do anything will dish change me to AT250 w/HD? Also, do I have to call to switch to the DVR Advantage? Thanks

You will be switched automatically to AT250+HD. It looks like you can order DVR Advantage online as an existing customer although it is not currently working (probably overloaded with attempts).

Just got off the phone. Systems were coming back up when I called. Moved from the everything pack to DVR Advantage with HD and with Starz plus HBO (on autopay). I HOPE that the quote they gave me of 87.00 per month is correct. If so I am VERY happy. Very happy with how it went. Did not get routed overseas and I give high marks to the rep (David) I talked to.

I have 2 622's. I asked if all the incidental fees were waived and he said yes. That's why I said I HOPE the quote is correct.:up

Moved from the everything pack to DVR Advantage with HD and with Starz plus HBO (on autopay). I HOPE that the quote they gave me of 87.00 per month is correct.

Did you go with AT200 or AT250? Either way doesn't sound close to being right unless there are some rebates involved. Fees for two 622's:

DVR ADV w/AT200 $49.99 includes one DVR fee and locals
Starz + HBO = $20
HD $20
2nd 622 DVR $5.98
Additional 622 receiver fee $6.00
2nd tuner programming access fees (waived with land line) $5 x2 = $10
upgrade AT250 $10

dish adv with AT200 + locals + HD + 2 prem and phone lines $101.97
dish adv with AT200 + locals + HD + 2 prem no phone lines $111.97
dish adv with AT250 + locals + HD + 2 prem and phone lines $111.97
dish adv with AT250 + locals + no phone lines $121.97

AEP with locals + HD + phone lines = $120.99
AEP with locals + HD + no phone lines = $130.99

I am a small DISH retailer in phoenix. I got this info off a pamphlet that was given to me. It doesn't explain every possible scenario but this is what the prices would be for an existing customer with no rebates and two 622's and no DHPP.

If that's what it is when the dust settles (and that's where I thought it would be before I placed the call) I'll drop HBO and just keep Starz (AT250). Impossible to view recent activity on the account right now, the system is veeeery slow.

here are the options to add stuff on top of the basic dvr advantage

dda_pricing_img_nomax.gif

note that the public website is still acting like cinemax doesn't exist, but you could also group that with the premiums

622 Lease Fee with DVR Advantage

I just got off the phone with E* and I think I upgraded my package to a DVRAdvantage package but it was hard to tell.

I had the HD Silver, Locals, 622 Lease Fee + DVR Fee, and Starz. That was running me 88.98 a month.

Looking at the DVR Advantage I should be able to get the DVRAdvantage $49.95 AT250 $10.00 + HD $20.00 + Starz $10 for $89.99 a month.

When I got off the phone they said my bill would be $94.00 a month because I still have to pay the DVR lease fee...

Is that true? Its unclear from anything I have seen if the DVR lease fee is included in the DVR Advantage package. Anyone know for sure?

Thanks,
Kevin

I don't think anyone knows for sure. Including Dish. Certainly not the CSR's. And their computer is having a nervous breakdown.

it's true, you still have to pay the reciever fee

the dvr service fee is included in the package

but they are different fees

Can you get the price of dvr advantage if you own your receivers? I am curious how all this works and I can't get on the website for nothing.

Well I activated my 622 tonight and I think I have the DVRvantage plan 250 +HD +HBO for what she told me my monthly was going to be 94.99. (something just bothering me about that price though) She was frustated because she said her computer system did not show the DVRvantage plan for the 250 but she thinks she manually entered it after being on hold for two min. I can't seem to log into my account on the web as it seems to fail when I log in to see what I really have now.

What do I need to do to get a second 622

I have been a long time Dish customer. I have the AEP package for years now. I upgraded from a 921 receiver to a 622 last July. I have a 942 that I would like to upgrade to a 622. I called Dish today and talked to a CSR that was not very helpful. She didn't really seem like she knew what she was doing. That being said, she did tell me that I didn't qualify to get a 2nd 622 at this time. I would have to wait until July.
Any suggestions on what to say to get another 622 and what should I expect to have to pay.
Rod

Can anyone sign up for the dvr advantage on their website? The CSR didn't know what I was talking about and transfered me to the tech CSR, who never answered. Instead I got transfered to troubleshooting and tips on how to fix receiver problems

I could finally log onto my account. It doesn't reflect any activity yet. I'll give it 48 hours before I either call or contact the CEO office.

We may find the next month very interesting.

I checked my account info on Dish Home last night and it shows that the $149 I paid yesterday for the 622 upgrade was applied to my bill of $599.95 due the middle of this month for my annual renewal!

I will wait for a few days to see if the accounting system catches up to the programming changes and corrects that info before I start calling. Interestingly enough, I was also watching Engineering Disasters on Modern Marvels at the same time!!! LOL

I upgraded last night as well. The first guy I spoke with was worthless. He told me that I was not eligible for ANY rebates whatsoever if I upgraded to the 622, and everytime I said "DVR Advantage Plan", he would start talking about "$149". So I hung up and called back and got somebody different.

The second person I got changed her story about 12 times while I was on the phone with her. The bottom line is that I have absolutely NO IDEA what my new package is, but I upgraded to a 622 (was not previously an HD sub). Here's what I was told:

• They collected $208.95 up front ($149 for 622, and another "phantom" $59.95 fee.....no idea what this is for)
  • Was told I would be credited the $59.95 fee on my next bill (what is this????)
  • I am eligible for $5/month credit (rebate) for 10 months for upgrading to 622
  • I am eligible for $10/month credit (rebate) for 10 months for upgrading to HD
Anybody have any idea what the $59.95 is for? I was "guaranteed" that I would be credited it back on my next bill. We'll see.

As for my programming, I have no idea what I'm going to end up with. I have the Top 120 w/locals and PB now, asked for the new DVR Advantage plan, but she kept saying that I would still have to pay the $5.98 DVR fee. Finally I got her to say that I wouldn't have to pay it, but then 5 minutes later she said that I did, and she never asked me if I wanted to keep PB or whatever. No idea.

Why is it that it's so difficult to get what you want? I realize I was talking to somebody in the Phillipines or whatever, but it really shouldn't be this difficult. I spent almost an hour on the phone with someone getting something set up that should have taken about 5 minutes, total. Ridicurous!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts