Dishes to the left - Dishes to the right...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

14karat

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 14, 2005
Hernando, Mississippi
Just nabbed my 3rd BUD (well, the wife and my 17 year old son nabbed it for me.)
Haven't even laid eyes on it yet, just a phone call. Someone had dropped it off at the local thrift store.
My wife was in the store and saw the receiver on the shelf. When she asked about it the lady told her, "All the rest of it is out back".
Lo and behold, a 10' mesh. All disassembled and ready to go.
Wife says it's all there - including a box of bolts.
I'll know more in a couple of hours...

thrift store huh?

I have not saw a big dish or any type of dish at a thrift store in like 15+ years. at least c band size. RUn into those stupid pizza boxes all the time. THough a few goodies come through and always a good place to grab RG6 cable in certain lengthes.

Still keep my eye out for those special d*n switches that are magical or a super dish to be used with fta.

Couldn't see a name on it in the dark, but it's just your basic 10 ft mesh - panels screw on to the frame. Mesh was all in good shape. I only saw one puncture wound in all of it, and I didn't see any dents.
It's missing the feedhorn supports... not a biggie... EMT conduit will fix that.
Also a Channel Master C-only feedhorn with a Norsat LNB.
The receiver is a HTS Tracker System 4 and it looks brand new. Too bad it's fairly useless for anything other than a positioner...
The one diamond in all of this - a Venture 36" heavy actuator. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. I've been looking for one for a while and just out of the blue.
All in all, not bad for a grand total of $10!:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)