DishHD and Dish'n It Up Details

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well, I got the upgrade last night! Install date is 4/8 and I get the programming on that date. Thanks, guys!

811 to 622

Simple question: I have an 811 receiver,would like to convert to the 622 DVR.
Is the cost $299 or $99 from April 1??

Has there been any change or are you still only allowed to upgrade one receiver (o.k. two tuners, but if its a 942, thats two tuners) under Dish-it-Up?

I'd really, really like to upgrade at least one of my 811s to a 211 at the same time as amy 942-to-622 swap, rather than be forced to wait a year. As would many here I imagine.

Just thought I'd ask...

'pajer', very interesting--I didn't know such was possible, I thought they would only allow 1 2-tuner upgrade per 12 mos.

'dlsnyder', I saw the thread just before coming here. Seems I might be waiting to get some clarification on that bundle/mutli-room deals they're ruminating on...

I received my first statement after upgrading an 811 to vip211. Subscribed to the DISHHD gold w/Locals. This required the DISH 500 to be replaced with the DISH 1000. Suprise upgrade fee for the DISH 1000 is $99.95. This is in addition to the $49.00 fee that is mentioned in the promo. I have not found any reference to this upgrade fee anywhere. Has anyone else encountered this fee or am I the only luck recipent of it.

Follow up on DISH'n It Up promo:
After two calls to DISH billing and an email to billing, for which there has been no response. DISH insist that I owe them $99.95 for the replacement of the DISH 500 to DISH 1000 in addition to the $49.00 upgrade fee. I asked DISH to show me this in writing and they could not provide me with a link that provided this information. I am writing this to warn other DISH customers of the potential for undisclosed charges with the promotion.

Last edited:
You were incorrectly charged the 99.95. You should be calling them up to complain. The $49 fee covers all installation costs

does anyone know if they still send the recievers by ups? they told me they have to install and theyre machine wont let them send ups? (I know some c.s.r.s are stupid but there is a chance they changed things)

generally, based on my experience and others, the 622 box arrives only a few days before the install. My return box was shipped the same day I ordered the upgrade which was about 4 weeks before the install. So no you wouldnt get the 622 first.

2 921s traded for 2 622s

Using the special forum #, I ordered 1 622 on 4/4 and traded 1 921. At that time that was all I could do. The empty box to return the 921 came a couple of days later. The 622 arrived 4 days prior to my install date of 4/17. I will discuss the install in another thread. I returned the 921 on 4/18. It arrived at Dish on 4/20 in El Paso. On 4/19 I called in to DISH using the special # again. I had seen on Scott's retailer chat summary that 4/19 was the date you could trade more 921s for 622s. Sure enough I was allowed to do the trade and get the $200 rebate deal. As mentioned in the retailer chat ,there are some delays in getting the 622s. My next Install date is 5/19.

For those of you who got your 921s in a DISH In A BOX package with the HD34-310 television , tell the CSR to send the HMDI to DVI converter with the 622s.

The 622 has a much better picture and user interfaces. The DVR options are much better than the 921s.

Well I did the upgrade from 921 (owned) to 622, was installed on the 14th. I connected everything myself, all the tech did was call DISH and activate the 622 for me.

I called the special # today swap my 811 with 211. The install date is next Wed morning, but unlike the 622 (which was UPS to me), I was told the tech will bring the 211 to my place.

Is this true for other people who got the 211?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)