DishHD and Dish'n It Up Details

"...I was planning on trading the 625 for a 622, to end up with a 942 and a 622. Then I was going to wait until I could replace the 942 later.

Will this work?..."

For $299, yes. For $99 after 4/1, no.

Don't deal with these jerkoffs

you cannot trade the 625 for the 622 only the 942, and if you own the 942 i whould keep it,it is a investment for 700.00 if you trade it in for the 622 you will not own eather of them, you just gave dish 700.00 for nothing, the 200.00 rebate is a scam because it sounds good, but it isn't why ,they want you/us to send the 942 in so they can rechip it so they can call the new 622 and sell it for700.00 that a great price dish to make a total profit of 1200.00 on us, and we the customer gets crap, but to send back the 942 and have nothing to show for, the only good thing is that if we keep the 942 with the package you not have to pay the lease fee of 6.00 and 5.00 recevier fee, and you never know the 942 can have a accident during the the 18 month warranty they pervide,then will have to replace it for free of charge to the 622 or better. if you buy the 622 you will save on the lease fee. if you lease the 942 you will have to pay the 299.00 to upgrade to the 622 again, now that 600.00 in dish pocket, dish knows how to make money and pay the new lease fee6.00 and recevier fee 5.00. ok this is my story i bought a 942 in mid nov 2006 and installed on dec 24 06 in jan i called dish to complane about new 622 that they were taking about dish it up the ass they told me they could not swap it out for me, take it its the same receiver basicly only had it a month paid 699.00 for it, you think they would say wait for the 622 no they took my money and ran like crooks, like they are, i told them what kind of customer service is this they told me to leases a 622 or buy one for anthor 700.00 i told them i will not upgrade my 942 for nothing in return, you people are exstorting people hard earnd money that's against the law, i reported them to the bbb . lets see what the jerkoff has to say the next charlie chat on march 13 mybe with all the complantes he'll change his tune, a real jerkoff period, anybody reading this do not upgrade your 942 if you bought it, you will feel like a real ass afterwards thats what they want us to do, don't get scamed by giving up your 942 that will work for many years. they want your 942 bad to rechip it they will give you 200.00rebate and not think any of it, so hold on to the 942 thats the pawn for the 622 in the furture,or buy a 622 and have both that a very nice investment 1400.00instead of nothing . you can order the 622& the dish 1000 setup for 699.00 at www.solidsignal.com and install your self don't even give dish the 99.00 install fee they dont deserve it for ripping us off, i hope this clear the air im tried of reading the same post about these dish jerkoffs . heres some off dish e-mail adderess charlies. CEO@echostar.com/Mike.dugan@echostar.com/Jim.Defranco@echostar.com all of use must e-mail all of these guy before the next charliey chat on march 13 next monday and tell them there running an extortion ring takeing people hard earn money and have nothing to show for. that a crying shame they should be sued[B

Last edited:
Okay, I finally got a clean bill this month, without all the upgrade hoopla. The good news is, of my four receivers, I only get a lease/access fee on 3. So the lease fee for the first receiver IS included in the cost of the programming package. The bad news is, one lease fee has gone up to $6 (probably for the vip211), when it used to be $5.

ADDL RECEIVER ACCESS FEE 6.0
LEASED RECEIVER FEE 5.0
ADDL RECEIVER ACCESS FEE 5.0
NBC NETWORK-WESTERN FEED 1.5
SUPERSTATION PACKAGE KWGN 5.99
DISHHD GOLD AND MOVIE VALUE PAK W/ LOCALS 94.99

mdonnelly said:
Okay, I finally got a clean bill this month, without all the upgrade hoopla. The good news is, of my four receivers, I only get a lease/access fee on 3. So the lease fee for the first receiver IS included in the cost of the programming package. The bad news is, one lease fee has gone up to $6 (probably for the vip211), when it used to be $5.

I don't get this, as I have 2 leased receivers, and and I'm being charged 6.00 for the 211 and 5.00 for the 522. I'm still fighting with Dish about this, but these fees are driving me nuts.

I was told this afternoon(looking to leave Adelphia) that the 'upfront fee special' will end at the end of March and the new 'lease special' was you pay the upfront fee of $299 and then there is a $200 rebate/credit to your account on the inicial bill or you basically get the hd dvr for $99. This of course will be to all customers of DISH that do NOT have the HD DVR. So I was told if I start off with a dvr in the standard box I can upgrade later and will be eligable for this rebate/credit. Again, this came from a CRS and though I do not have experience with DISH CSRs, you tend to take the words with a grain of salt.

Yeah I've read people hearing that several times. I think i'm gonna wait to 4/1 and see what I can "get away with" :)

I'm considering upgrading to the 622 and moving my 811 to a different room. I want the Bronze package (no locals) and have no phone line to connect. I have the two dish setup with legacy lnb's & switch. What monthly cost am I looking at with all the various fees?

Can anyone provide me a link to the "april rebate deal " ? I have a leased 942 and I am wondering about the rebate deal.

I just tried to order the 622 lease promotion with Dish and got frustrated. I currently subscribe to the old Dish HD package with my 811. I want to keep my 811 as an additional receiver and order the 622 lease wth the Bronze package. Everything was going smoothly until they informed me that I would have to subscribe to the Bronze package now in order to get the install scheduled with the proper dish (1000) and lnb's, switches. Install would be a minimum of 21 days later. Since I am ordering the Bronze, my 811 would not be able to tune in any hd channel for now until I get the 622 installed.That means I would be without any HD until the install occurred (minimum 21 days, probably a lot longer). If I chose to wait until the install to switch to bronze, I would have to schedule 2 installs; the first for the 622 and then the second to get the right dish and switches! What a bunch of crap! Can anyone help me?

HD Locals

Does anyone know when we are going to be able to receive the local channels in HD. I am from Connecticut and am dying to watch the Nascar races in HD

thanks

The last four posts on this topic have been questions and nobody has bothered to answer them. C'mon guys.

1 - the fees are a Additional Outlet Programming Access Fee of $5 for not having a phone line, $6 for leasing the 622, $5.98 for the DVR service.

2 - there is no link per say about the april rebate/credit. The information has just been communicated by dish through memos and what the tell customers on the chats. It's going to be that you pay $299 upfront, and you will receive a $200 credit on your bill when they receive either a 921 or 942 from you.

3 - I dunno how to help you out, except suggest e-mailing ceo@echostar.com to tell them the trouble you've been receiving on the phones. The service call for the 622 is suppossed to include the installer being able to do whatever needs to be done at that time to connect the 622, so again don't know why they're giving you trouble about that. And also the method of changing programming at the time of the 622 activation shouldn't be a problem either.

4 - Sorry but Hartford, conneticut is not on the list to receive their HD locals over dish in 2006. If you live in fairfield co, you can get Hd locals from New York right now.

dadrad99 said:
I just tried to order the 622 lease promotion with Dish and got frustrated. I currently subscribe to the old Dish HD package with my 811. I want to keep my 811 as an additional receiver and order the 622 lease wth the Bronze package. Everything was going smoothly until they informed me that I would have to subscribe to the Bronze package now in order to get the install scheduled with the proper dish (1000) and lnb's, switches. Install would be a minimum of 21 days later. Since I am ordering the Bronze, my 811 would not be able to tune in any hd channel for now until I get the 622 installed.That means I would be without any HD until the install occurred (minimum 21 days, probably a lot longer). If I chose to wait until the install to switch to bronze, I would have to schedule 2 installs; the first for the 622 and then the second to get the right dish and switches! What a bunch of crap! Can anyone help me?
That's crap alright. I ordered my 211 upgrade thru Tech Support, and kept my old HD pack up to the point where the 211 was delivered. When I called to activate the 211, the new metallic pack went into effect. I kept all my HD on the 811 in the interim.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts