Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Ok folks since February 1st is almost here here are some more details for you on DishHD and Dish'n It Up promos which start on February 1st.

Attachments

• DishHD_info.pdf
    62.5 KB · Views: 2,474
  • DISH'n_It_Up_Info.pdf
    68.4 KB · Views: 3,800
It does not say anything about the $99.00 April deal. Also what about if you lease now. Is it still $299.00 now and $99.00 in April? *E has so little information and is so ill prepared to go to MPEG 4 right now that it makes you wonder if they did this thing right they could really kill *D in HD right now..

Arg, Im really pissed, 18 month commitment! Scott, I thought Charlie told you there would be no commitment?

Edit: Nice info however!!

Last edited:
Surprised nobody is posting about this.

18 month commitment and min dishhd bronze (is that the 60 channel package)?

This seems like a total ripoff.

They did not mention anything about commitment on the Charlie Chat eaither. As I said before Charlie may be the CEO but he has no clue of whats going on with the day to day operation of his company.

Wow, I don't think I would do it for an 18 month commitment. Glad I am willing to buy my receivers outright, sell them down the road if I choose and recoup some costs.

Scott...What about the dishhd bronze requirement? I am someone that subs to international only. I don't want to sub to an extra package when I have cable for that.

18 month commitment is surely news. I can deal with the upgrade fee or a comittment. Requiring both will drive me to wait until Dish lowers the upgrade fee considerably or until I find service elsewhere. We'll see.

I was aware of the DVR fee, but was not totally up to speed on the lease fee. How is DHA handled with this fee?

The Dish'n it up flyer talks about a DishLatino Platinum package. Does anyone have any info on the new DishLatino HD packages?

Okay, I've read the flyers, but my question is: If I have two receivers, one owned and one leased, do I pay the lease fee if that receiver is Primary on the account? Also, is the higher DVR fee for just the DVRs listed, or for the 921/942 as well?

I began with a Dish Home Plan (DHP) of a 501 and 301.
I upgraded the 301 to an 811. After it was here at $199!!, they tell me that it will always be leased because of the DHP--so if I ever drop the HP pack, I lose it. If I drop from AT120 to none, I lose both 501 and 811.
I bought a 921 at nearly $1000, less for Black Friday, more for tax. Later added Voom.

From my reading of the flyers, I can keep any of these and get one 211 or one 622 and keep any of my current ones. Looks like the best is to get the 622 and if required to return something for the $200 on April 1 then give up the 501 or 811. Will that work?

I would not need either but with 5 tuners they would have to upgrade my SW64 legacy (Dish 500 + 500 with one LNB) to Dish Pro and DPP44 with a Dish 1000 possible. Am I getting it right? Later I could return/retire the other and save a few $'s.

If instead they would like to take away my 921 and not take another in trade, I would have to pay $299 now and keep it and not try for $200 back in April. For $200 the 921 makes a pretty good dual recorder for SD, OTA, and MPEG2, despite its problems and reboots required.

This sounds close to what SimpleSimon was proposing, possibly on the other board a week ago. The exact details of the 622 rebate will change when I do this. Comments?

-Ken

Last edited:
This promo really torques me off. I have been with E* for SEVEN years, I have five receivers (3 of them HD, one 6000 and two 811), and have a HUGE investment in E*. I have paid to upgrade first to Dish500 then again to Dish1000. I have AEP, locals, and the HD pack.

In the last two years, I have almost $2,400 in hardware costs alone. I can't get OTA HD, too far from transmitters. I have three HD TV's, 42", 55" and 92" projector.

Now, if I want to see Los Angeles locals in HD, I can upgrade ONE of my HD receivers at a discount? BS!!! What do they expect me to do, unplug the box and take it upstairs if I want to watch the Tonight Show in HD in the master bedroom???

I called my local cable company. For under $400 they'll install 3 HD PVR's and 2 SD boxes, with NO commitment. Even if E* agrees to letting me upgrade all three HD boxes, that would be $697.

Without a short term (no later than June 1st) upgrade path for all of my HD receivers, E* can come on out and take it all out, this will be last straw.

Last edited:
A friendly CSR just told me I could lease a 622 for $299 in addition to the 942 I currently lease. He also said it would not affect my ability to upgrade the 942 under the Dish'n It Up promotion since I would be adding, and not upgrading, receiver technology. Of course, I would still be obligated to subscribe to a DishHD programming package and incur an 18-month obligation.

Ok, did I find a loophole in the promotion (is E* now leasing a 622 in addition to a 942) or has this guys been smoking crack? Offhand, I don't see why E* would offer me any sort of promotion to upgrade my 942 in April ($200 rebate) when they already have me locked into an 18-month commitment.

As a new subscriber with 2 HDTV's it appears as though they will only lease me 1 HD receiver (whether DVR or not). Is this true? I could get the 622, but not another 211/411? That is a load of crap, as I currently have 2 HD-DVRs through cable without a problem...

there are dish latino HD packs. They list all the Dish HD options inside customer support modules. The only pack that doesnt have HD is family pack :(

Scott Greczkowski said:
Ok folks since February 1st is almost here here are some more details for you on DishHD and Dish'n It Up promos which start on February 1st.

This information is all over the map. From reading many posts, am I to believe that if I ONLY wanted to use the over the air tuner and did NOT subscribe to any HD service they would charge me $6 once or is it $6/month to watch "free TV" over a BUILT IN ATSC tuner?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)