DishLatinoMax HD and HD Theather

RandallA

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2004
San Francisco Bay Area
I would like to ask those who have Dish Latino Max and HD Essentials if you get channel 5333 HD Theater. I know we do get channel 5710 but that is just the TEST channel and there is no programming guide.

According to the channel lineup on the ATT site (PDF file), we should be getting channel 5333. According to the Dish Network site (JPEG file), we should also be getting HD Theater but at least on my guide I only see channel 5332 and 5334.

I called Tech Support and the person submitted the problem to Engineering but I just want to know if anybody with this package is getting this channel.

Attachments

• Latino_Channel_Lineup.pdf
    109.2 KB · Views: 1,871
  • DishLatinoHDEssential.JPG
    DishLatinoHDEssential.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 227
Yeah, I know they screwed up USA and Sci-Fi for Puerto Rico. But this channel has never shown in the guide and we're supossed to get it in the HD Essential package. Why can't they just have one range for the HD channels for ALL subscribers and leave it the F... alone.

Sorry Dish but I won't let this one die until you remove the false advertisement you have on your web site.

I sent an email to CEO and this is what I got:

Thank you for your email and bringing your concern to our attention.

HD Theater (Channel 5333) is available in the Latino Max HD Ultimate package. You currently subscribe to Latino Max Essential HD package. This is why the programming does not appear in your guide. If you would like to receive HD Theater (Channel 5333) you would have to upgrade to the Latino Max Ultimate HD package. This package is $20 per month compared to the $10 per month you pay for the Latino Max Essential HD package. HD Theater (Channel 5333) is not to be confused with Discovery HD (Channel 5330). We thank you for your patience in this matter and DISH network appreciates your business.

I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you and please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

This is my response:

Just so you know, channel 5333 is not on the guide. Not on the All channels guide, not on the All HD channels guide, not on the Dish Latino HD guide. Even if it wasn't included, it will at least be in red in the guide.

Thank you,

This is his response:

My apologies for any confusion. Channel 5333 is only available for customers in Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands. This channel is on a spot beam that only reaches these specific regions. The HD Theater that is available in the Ultimate package is found at channel 364. I understand your concern in regards to the channel showing as available in the essential package via the websites that you have provided and I will forward that information to the proper department.

Please let me know if you need any further information.

My response:

Well, I asked people in Puerto Rico if they could see channel 5333 in any of the guides and the answer was NO. Doesn't make any sense to me that all the Dish Latino HD channels are in the 5300 range but just this one will be on channel 364 which is just a mapdown to channel 9421. Channel 9421 and 5333 (also a mapdown) both come from satellite 110 transponder 13 which is a conus transponder.

Just so you know the Alaska and Hawaii HD package is in the 55xx range not the 53xx range.

His response:

Please allow me to research this further for I am receiving mixed information regarding this channel at this time. Our internal system shows that HD Theater is not available in the Latino Essential HD package. I will follow up with you as soon as there is more info available. Thank you for your patience.

So even the almighty CEO group has no clue as to what their packages include. It's very sad to see this company be so disorganized. :(

BTW, this is what the List has for channel 5333.

5333 HDTHR MPEG4 HD 110?W 13 8PSK (2/3) ConUS beam Available

Sorry Dish but I won't let this one die until you remove the false advertisement you have on your web site.

I sent an email to CEO and this is what I got:

Thank you for your email and bringing your concern to our attention.

HD Theater (Channel 5333) is available in the Latino Max HD Ultimate package. You currently subscribe to Latino Max Essential HD package. This is why the programming does not appear in your guide. If you would like to receive HD Theater (Channel 5333) you would have to upgrade to the Latino Max Ultimate HD package. This package is $20 per month compared to the $10 per month you pay for the Latino Max Essential HD package. HD Theater (Channel 5333) is not to be confused with Discovery HD (Channel 5330). We thank you for your patience in this matter and DISH network appreciates your business.

I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you and please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

This is my response:

Just so you know, channel 5333 is not on the guide. Not on the All channels guide, not on the All HD channels guide, not on the Dish Latino HD guide. Even if it wasn't included, it will at least be in red in the guide.

Thank you,

This is his response:

My apologies for any confusion. Channel 5333 is only available for customers in Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands. This channel is on a spot beam that only reaches these specific regions. The HD Theater that is available in the Ultimate package is found at channel 364. I understand your concern in regards to the channel showing as available in the essential package via the websites that you have provided and I will forward that information to the proper department.

Please let me know if you need any further information.

My response:

Well, I asked people in Puerto Rico if they could see channel 5333 in any of the guides and the answer was NO. Doesn't make any sense to me that all the Dish Latino HD channels are in the 5300 range but just this one will be on channel 364 which is just a mapdown to channel 9421. Channel 9421 and 5333 (also a mapdown) both come from satellite 110 transponder 13 which is a conus transponder.

Just so you know the Alaska and Hawaii HD package is in the 55xx range not the 53xx range.

His response:

Please allow me to research this further for I am receiving mixed information regarding this channel at this time. Our internal system shows that HD Theater is not available in the Latino Essential HD package. I will follow up with you as soon as there is more info available. Thank you for your patience.

So even the almighty CEO group has no clue as to what their packages include. It's very sad to see this company be so disorganized. :(

BTW, this is what the List has for channel 5333.

5333 HDTHR MPEG4 HD 110?W 13 8PSK (2/3) ConUS beam Available

Yes it is sad. Management there appears to be very lax and out-of-the-know. I think this is a top-down problem. Chuckles comes across as almost totally clueless during chats and the rationale he uses to explain E* problems to analysts and others is almost a Saturday Night Live skit routine. Even the engineering slots on the chats are weak. If you want to know where the customer service problems originate, I think it's at the top. Someone else commented yesterday they used to be a Dish apologist/defender but had now had their fill. Include me in those sentiments. I really expected to see some changes in E* operations this year, but, if anything, they are worse than at any other time in the almost 13 years I've been a subscriber.

Yes it is sad. Management there appears to be very lax and out-of-the-know. I think this is a top-down problem. Chuckles comes across as almost totally clueless during chats and the rationale he uses to explain E* problems to analysts and others is almost a Saturday Night Live skit routine. Even the engineering slots on the chats are weak. If you want to know where the customer service problems originate, I think it's at the top. Someone else commented yesterday they used to be a Dish apologist/defender but had now had their fill. Include me in those sentiments. I really expected to see some changes in E* operations this year, but, if anything, they are worse than at any other time in the almost 13 years I've been a subscriber.

Agreed. I used to defend Dish Network on this same forum but not anymore. I really feel sorry for the CSRs, installers and the people working with the customers because they're just being setup for failure and they're the ones taking the crap from us, the customers.

Too many problems at the top where the left hand doesn't have a clue as to what the right hand is doing. Very sad indeed.

Finally somebody figured out what was wrong. HD Theater should only be on the HD Ultimate for the Latino packages but they have it listed in the HD Essential packages. It's fine with me, just remove the false advertisement they have on their website. Still no channel 5333 on any guide.

Thank you for your email. We apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused. I will pass this information along but I have found the issue. The programming you requested is available in the HD Ultimate with Dish Latino, and not the HD essential. I will be sure to pass this information along. The package structures I am viewing are updated as of 2/1 so I am not sure if this was a programming change that has not been updated.

Another Channel that's being advertised is Gol TV as being available in the DishLatino Package..but as a current Dish Latino Dos subscriber I don't have Gol TV and from what I heard Gol TV is with Directv now.

I just gave up on this channel. I'm convinced that nobody has a clue at Dish Network, they just don't know what the hell is going on.

As far as GolTV, yes both Directv and Comcast have it (for as long as I remember) but Charlie is trying to save us money. :( If it didn't cost me so much money to switch to Directv I would have already, plus I've spent money in Dish Network equipment.

I just gave up on this channel. I'm convinced that nobody has a clue at Dish Network, they just don't know what the hell is going on.

I have been in communications with Dish about this for weeks, and it seems that it was just a matter of someone getting enough spare time to fix the authorizations.

This happened this morning and Dish Latino Max HD Essentials now includes Channel 5333 - HD Theater on 110 West, just as was stated in the web site list.

I have been in communications with Dish about this for weeks, and it seems that it was just a matter of someone getting enough spare time to fix the authorizations.

This happened this morning and Dish Latino Max HD Essentials now includes Channel 5333 - HD Theater on 110 West, just as was stated in the web site list.

Is it showing in the guide?

Thank you for this, I know you told me you'd try to escalate the issue and it looks like it's been resolved. I tried every single channel available to me with no results. Again, thank you.

Yes, in the Guide with the usual thing with a new authorization - two programs of info and then "no info", so I will have to do a Switch Check to get the full Guide info.

I'm hoping that they remember the 53xx mappings for any other HD channels they add today. :)

From John's report:

CHNG 5333 HDTHR MPEG4 HD Tp 13 EchoStar 11 110w AVAIL HIDE
TO 5333 HDTHR MPEG4 HD Tp 13 EchoStar 11 110w AVAIL HIDE

and from here:

5333 - HDTHR [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar11 110W TP 13 ConUS beam changed package flags (A)

Nice! When new HD channels are added, they usually forget to add them to the 53xx range. :( They get added later though, usually later in the day or the next day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)