Dishmover - CAUTION!!!!!!!!

pabeader

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 18, 2004
OTP Georgia
Use extreme caution when calling for Dishmover. Don't call until you get to the new house!!!!!! Or maybe the day you pack the last of your receivers away.

The minute you call they change your address and you lose your current stuff!!

I know 'cuz it just happened to my wife, back home in Indiana. Are you ready for the kicker?? You can't change back without losing your Dishmover appointment.

I told my wife to just cancel the dishmove and i'd do it myself, but she said she woud try to put up with it 'til the 5th when we actually move into the new house.

So consider yourself warned!!

Last edited:
You won't lose current service only local stations if you are moving out of the area that gets that set of local channels. Everything else will remain active on the account.

When I did this 1.5 years ago.. my locals were gone from their mapped channel numbers, but still accessible on their actual, 4 digit, channel numbers. Weird thing was Dish support didn't suggest looking there for them, so the person either didn't know, or that isn't standard. at any rate, I stumbled on them and they worked until I moved. i didnt lose my regional sports net either, until i was set up on the other end, and it changed after the installer phoned home.

How much does it cost for Dishmover? Is there any commitments to Dishmover (at the new location)???

of course there's comitment, this is dish after all. but the service is free as long as you are subbing to the higher packages

If you are grandfathered on special deals like superstations bundled with locals, you will lose that too.

You won't lose current service only local stations if you are moving out of the area that gets that set of local channels. Everything else will remain active on the account.

of course there's comitment, this is dish after all. but the service is free as long as you are subbing to the higher packages

What I mean is when I use Dish Mover to get everything install for free, do I have to sign a 1-2 year agreement with Dish.

They say there is. I have never actually 'signed' anything from Dish. But I just assume that if I am getting something for nothing from them, I am stuck for at least 18 months. I'm sure it says that somewhere. Might even be in the fine print on the bottom of the Dishmover page.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)