DISH'n It Up installation charge question

griz_fan

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 13, 2004
Meridian, Idaho
A co-worker and I were talking about upgrades for her Dish account, and we both logged into our accounts to see what the charges would be. For some reason, the cost for her to upgrade to a DVR 625 is different than mine.

At the moment, she only has a dual-tuner SD receiver (322 I believe). I have a 522 and a 510 DVR. From what I can tell, I can upgrade my 510 to a 625 for $69.00, installed. But, for my co-worker, the equipment costs $69.00 shipped and $99.00 installed, so she has to pay $30 extra for installation. Since all she'd need to do is swap out her 322 for a 625, any idea why the $30 for installation? I would think a dual-tuner for dual-tuner upgrade would be pretty easy, and certainly not $30 more dificult than going from a single to a dual tuner box.

Maybe she's been a customer for less time than you, or has not always paid on time, or you have a higher level package or bigger monthly bill than she does. They tailor the offers based on some unknown factors but those are some ideas that come to mind.

Pepper's explanation closely matched what the Dish CSR said. But, my co-worker, armed with a print out of what my upgrade costs would be, was able to stand her ground and save $30 on the upgrade. So, a little knowledge pays off!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts