Dishnetwork activation without SSN (not prepaid)

Lysje

Original poster
Jul 5, 2009
Caribean
I'm thinking about buying a dishnetwork receiver over the internet. Does anyone have any experience with activating the box without having to give your SSN? I read about cash and carry promo's(no dish-no ssn) but when I asked a rep on the dish chat about any promo's which didn't require ssn, she said the only one was the prepaid one. Is it still possible to activate a (regular not prepaid) account without giving your SSN?

Does anyone know if dish will activate without a SSN ? I don't mind paying some $$$ upfront then have it taken off every month until used up. I know directv does this. Does dishnet do something similar ? I hate giving up personal info to a huge faceless company. Who knows how secure your private info really is. I don't recall the cable comp. asking for such info.
Hope to get an answer from those that subscribed with out a SSN

Prepaid does not even exist anymore.

Try FlexTV or DHA-TOO both should let you sign up with no SSN... since you pay in advance for your service. :)

I am a Canadian who works in the US but am paid by the Canadian government. I have no SSN and I have Dish and I did NOT have to give a SSN. I did give them a major credit card which they used for a credit check (they do NOT need a SSN for THAT!). Ever go into Sears or another dept store and ask for one of their credit cards? All they do is scan your credit card and do the credit check using the Visa/AmEx/MC etc.

They WANT a SSN, but who, in today's identity fraud society wants to give any private company your most important piece of identification???

By the way, they wanted $200 from me to do the account, all I said off to DirectTV I go and that got dropped!

There is only one program left that does not require a SSN and that is FlexTV.

This is the only program where you buy your hardware but you are required to pay for your programming in advance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)