DishNetwork: Employee pay rates, Benefits?

OoTLink said:
... and then take no considerations for what I think works best either... :)

I'll TAKE your considerations when I am READY for them. :D Thats all part of the initial walkthrough. Thats when I take the bull by the horns and get that information out of the customer. Though some bits of information can be grabbed here and there during the install. It's best when the customer hangs around for the whole thing. Namely, where exactly they want the recievers placed near their television.

Its mostly a confidence thing. Confidence in your own competance to do basic things right. I know customers don't want RG6 cable acting as wind chimes against their aluminum siding. Though there was this one guy...

The installation requires the partnership of the customer as well as the installer, most times the customer is unwiling to join this temporary team and tells the installer to "do what you need to do" over the shoulder comment once you are shown the tv's. Because of this there is the inevitable " you have to use cable with this?" or "why cant the dish go in the attic?" or when they call to complain " he didnt tell me he was going to have to drill holes in my house, I want it fixed and I will be calling my lawyer".

Dont let the customer tell you how to do your job but also dont tell them this is how its going to go and you'll like it. Likewise to the end users here, work with the tech to come up with a good plan of action instead of just giving him the thumbs up over your shoulder as you walk away.

Sounds good enough :)

I don't like stalking the poor installers though, so I just tell them to let me know if they need anything, and of course make sure that they make sure I know what they're doing :) Tis' pretty simple, in the end anyway :)

OoTLink said:
Sounds good enough :)

I don't like stalking the poor installers though, so I just tell them to let me know if they need anything, and of course make sure that they make sure I know what they're doing :) Tis' pretty simple, in the end anyway :)

lol Yeah, the first few months the stalkers bugged the living crap out of me. But now, I'm hardened to it. And I actually appreciate it a little now, because I know their not going to call in with some complaint about some particular.

Heheh, this one lady ACTUALLY called dish to complain about the cable lengths in each room. I went back there the same day, and she showed me what she wanted (English wasn't her first language). I gave HER the wire cutters, and let HER cut the cables how long SHE wanted them. No lie: she cut the cables so there was TENSION from the reciever to the hole in the floor. She cut off LESS THAN 2 feet from some of the locations. That was the first and only time I've seen a customer who wanted that. It could have been avoided if she were watching me the whole time though. :)

man, when I'm out there doing an install and I know that I have 2 or 3 more jobs to do, 3 hours is A LOT OF TIME... if you just talk only what you need to talk with the customer and our work eficiently (have all your tools ready, know exacly what to do on every situation)... hardly ever and average job will take you more that 3 hours (4 tv's)...

I have funky wiring so I'm glad when installers are willing to do it. The one difference between the Cable installers here and the dish ones is that the cable ones will avoid doing as much as possible (erm, by saying "I don't know", or "I can't" when they know and they can).. took me almost a month to get them to run a damn wire. Grr.

OTOH the dish people take care of EVERYTHING. Even if they leave the switch sitting in the rain gutter *cackle*.. erm.. yeah let's not get into that one ;)

Come to think of it, the first installer guy also left the upstairs receiver sitting on the floor (on carpet with it running, that thing was as hot as my stove when I went up after the install to rehook it up).. no big deal though :) [come to think of it I probably told him I was going to change its wiring around anyway]

davidmn999 said:
man, when I'm out there doing an install and I know that I have 2 or 3 more jobs to do, 3 hours is A LOT OF TIME... if you just talk only what you need to talk with the customer and our work eficiently (have all your tools ready, know exacly what to do on every situation)... hardly ever and average job will take you more that 3 hours (4 tv's)...

Every install varies based on the house, the surrounding exterior enviroment, the equipment required for completion of however many tv's, and the customer's willingness to help/stay out of the way, how many questions the customer has, how tech savy the customer is, and wether the customer is going to read through every single bit of fine print on each form they have to sign. I love the same address new customer installs, you get there and theres an entire system in place except for the receivers, grab the box's and drop them in, do paperwork and activate and then the demo, takes about 45 mins average.

The best job I've ever done was a SD upgrade. I get to the job: There's a SD installed. Sign paperwork, work order closed. Eeeeaaasy money. Less than 5 minutes.

Of course, there's always the rare service call where there is no problem with the system, and the customer doesn't know why I came out. Sign paperwork, work order closed.

:yes

NOOOOO

Got an interview in the morning with Dishnetwork... I suppose I'll switch from contracting work to being an actual employee with these outrageous gas prices, whats the average payrate to request and are their any benefits because I can't find anything on the DishNetwork site related to a benefits package?

I know I'm 4 years late, but in an attempt to save anyone else, do not apply at this company. The health insurance is a joke, the management sucks, and you are treated less than human. It's not worth the stress and anxiety.

WOW! Really!
In this economy, any job is better than no job.
How long did you search until you found a thread that was 4 years old?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)