question about hauppauge and 311 box

buffalo_frenchy

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
Hello,

In a room used as office, I have 2 computer screens on my pc but no tv there. I was thinking it would be cool to get tv via a tv card like a hauppauge. I was thinking about getting a simple receiver from E* (already a customer: 722) like a 311 and wire it to the pc via a tv card then watch some tv on one of my screens while browsing on the wed for example. With the box being near by I would not have to worry about the tv card changing channels (seen lots of threads with problem with that).
Anyone did that? Would it work flawlessly? I don't care about HD, If I want HD I ll go to watch tv...

Other question, if I understand I ll be able to pause tv, record something if I wanted to (although I have a dvr) - I was thinking if I have work to do on the pc and want to tune in a hockey game - can I pause it or record it to watch it in delay and therefore skip commercials?

Thanks for the input.

Yes. No. (Depends on the tuner card; maybe Hauppage is better than the ATI and KWorld tuner cards I've had.) Yes.

Yes. No. (Depends on the tuner card; maybe Hauppage is better than the ATI and KWorld tuner cards I've had.) Yes.

did you have problem with getting a clear picture on the screen or with the more advance function (pause, record, rewind,..) ?

anyone has a good experience to share? or an advice on which card to buy?

Thanks

Our Kworld and ATI cards both suffered from a snowy picture probably because the signal was going through about 50' of RG6 and two diplexers. Or they were just cheap! I expect your Hauppage idea is better. You also have the luxury of sending an S-video or composite video signal from a 311 to a tuner card, and I expect that to look better.

We didn't use the trick play features much because we had the tuner cards hooked up to a Dish DVR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)